• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

t-cat 1100 head gasket blowing out

Jul 7, 2006
kalispell MT
I've got a 02 t-cat w/ 1100 bb. Blew inside o-ring out on head friday on both mag and center cyl. Cleaned out crank and Rebuilt it fri. night and went riding on sat and made it till the afternoon befor it blew out again. Pulling a hill and was on the nos. any thoughts. warped head? pre det from nos? I need to tear it down again and check to see how much damage I did. Gonna take the head and cylinders to someone to see if everything is true. Any thoughts or has anybody seen this before?

Jul 7, 2006
kalispell MT
thanx DTJ. I was thinkin that might be the case. I didn't see any damage to the cyl. or pistons do you think this could be warping anything out if its blowin out the orings. I haven't run race fuel the last few rides so I guess I'll start doin that again. It's got a 40 hp shot nxpress wet system on it. do you think higher octane will cure it or should I jet up. Have good wash on pistons. Or is it just to much pressure the system wont contain it.

D

dynotechjim

Nov 26, 2007
Batavia, NY
www.dynotechresearch.com
if it ran powerfully and reliably with good gas before you tried pump gas, that probably all you need is going back to better octane fuel. trying to make 40 extra hp with lousy inconsistent gas you buy from some cheater's pump is rolling the dice. I have data to back that up on my free blog on dtr.

B
Dec 5, 2007
head gasket

I've got a 02 t-cat w/ 1100 bb. Blew inside o-ring out on head friday on both mag and center cyl. Cleaned out crank and Rebuilt it fri. night and went riding on sat and made it till the afternoon befor it blew out again. Pulling a hill and was on the nos. any thoughts. warped head? pre det from nos? I need to tear it down again and check to see how much damage I did. Gonna take the head and cylinders to someone to see if everything is true. Any thoughts or has anybody seen this before?

make sure your o-ring goves are the correct depth and width. I've seen o-ring groves that were not cut deep or wide enough on big bores. Lap the heads and the top of the cylinders on a flat surface plate to make sure they are flat.

Premium Features