• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 pro motor on 2012 chassis ?

S
Jan 29, 2018
To my nolage there is not a difference between the 2012 pro 800 and the 2015 pro 800

With that being said dose anyone know if I can drop my new 15 motor in my 12 with out any problems like retuning our running certain weights in the clutches any help would be awesome!!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
They changed the electrical harness twice between those years. MY '13 was the biggest change, but MY '14 they changed the plug on the TPS. If you're changing everything it's doable, if not you'll need to use all the old electrical (i.e. stator, injectors, ecu, harness, etc.)

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
My sled is a 12 Pro and when I bought it SPS powersports had installed a low miles 14 800 Motor and all the components from a wrecked sled that I understood. Motor, Harness which moves the regulator to the top front of the belt cover, believe the clutchs since lower miles were swapped also even tho I believe they are same, still has 12 pipe not sure which can.

Only thing that wasn't swapped was the guage panel, since the 11-12 pro had the blue plastic resister wire in the left side Velcro cover of the harness youd connect or disconnect for ethanol or non ethanol gas, that option is the guage panel on 13 and newer and doesn't have that wire connection on 13-15 so not sure what setting its in but I run non ethanol fuel anyway. will eventualy buy a 13 up guage panel.

My sled was also swapped to the 14 running boards, very nice improvement , has 14 seat, and the crappy carbon fiber center bumper replaced with an aluminum one. for some reason the keyswitch doesn't operate the on and off of the ignition the kill switch is the control could be cause of the tether I`m not sure but works great so not worried about it

Wildcard

S
Jan 29, 2018
Ya I’m definitely gunna have to find a wrecked 15 my boss gave me a Indy dan motor not sure who’s Hurd if these but there awesome motors !!!! Thanks for the info !!!

Premium Features