• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Pro RMK Lower A Arm Glue Fix?

I have two 2013 Pro RMK sleds with 200 miles on each sled. I use the sleds for backcountry skiing and they have been treated well over the last couple years. The other day I loaded the sled onto the trailer and noticed one of my skis was sitting wonky. I took a closer look and found the glue had let go on one of the lower a arms. Luckily I caught it before it had come completely out.

Looking online I see this is a common problem. I'm wondering if I should replace all the lower a arms before they come apart on their own or is there a fix to keep them from coming apart (bolt, rivet, etc...)? Has anyone had luck after fixing the stock a arm with it holding and not coming apart? I obviously don't want this to be an issue down the road and would like it to be taken care of.

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
Several bandaid fixes out there, You can do a search on this subject, there is plenty on the subject, most will tell you to go aftermarket, so ill just let you know we have our 39'' for kits for 10%+ ($399.00) off if you decide to go this route but you have to call in for a coupon code. Thank you

Dan

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
If you want to keep using the stockers I'd reglue them and put a bolt through it and call it good. Just make sure to use some locktite on the threads and a nyloc nut ;)

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Lower A-Arms

Let me know if want some stock take-offs. I think I still have both left and right that would sell you for a good price.

Thanks.
YB

rmjj

Premium Member
Jan 10, 2008
Brookings,SD
Have a 13 as well always been in the back of my mind as my son is now riding this sled. Does anyone have a pic of using a bolt. How did you install up and down or front to back. How big and what grade of a bolt. Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I decided to just replace all the a arms. I bought new ones for $105 from Timbersled. So my hope is that I can resell my old ones for the same price (I have 3 good ones out of the 4). I'm a bit OCD and I really didn't want to have issues down the road with trying to fix stock ones so I figured it was worth $400 to not have to deal with it anymore. Sure sucks that Polaris didn't recall the bad ones.

T
Aug 22, 2017
Newman Lake, WA
I just fixed my wife's sled (2013 800 Pro) for the same issue yesterday.

When I unloaded the sleds at the snow park last Friday, I noticed the same thing...one ski looked a little weird. I tipped it up on its side and saw that the lower control arm had pulled apart. Back in the shop, I checked the other side and, sure enough, that one came apart, too...

I fixed it by setting everything back where it was supposed to be, and then drilling all the way through the aluminum and the steel tube, and out the other side with a #12 drill bit. Then I put an AN3-16A aircraft bolt through the hole, and put an AN960-10 washer and an AN365-1032 aircraft "Nylock" nut on the bolt. Total cost: less than $1.00. (Aircraft part #'s given in case anyone wants to copy my repair. Aircraft Spruce is your friend...)

I used aircraft bolts because: being an aircraft builder, I have lots of them around, they weigh next to nothing and have a very good shear strength, and they're only threaded at the very end, giving a constant diameter shank where the load is carried.

Premium Features