• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2004 MXZ 600HO no spark

X
Feb 7, 2018
I have a 2004 600HO MXZ, flipped it over, 100 miles later lost lights and shortly thereafter, lost spark. Install new aftermarket stator, and ski-doo voltage regulator. It ran for a short while, lights then went very dim, and engine died and no spark. When it was running if I changed from high to low beam, the speedometer warning lights would come on. Stator test at .3 ohms, manual cranking voltage 4.3 volts between the yellows and the yellow - green. Trigger coils 254 & 255 ohms, ignition coil primary .8 ohms, 17.3 K ohms. Any thoughts. Don't know if the events are related of if I have multiple issues that were not all solved.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Try replacing the relay on the left side tower brace above the clutches. Bet it fixes it.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
My buddies 08 ran like crap and hand warmers quit, no lights check engine light came on all kinds of things. But that fixed his, and it's where I would start if I was you. Get one at Napa or some other car parts store. BRP wants $50 for theirs.

X
Feb 7, 2018
pulled out relay, put power to lead direct short

I haven't had a chance to get a new relay but it must have been stuck shut and I had a direct short in the tail light. This was sucking all of the juice from the stator. I fixed the short and left the relay out. I haven't started it yet but I now get spark on a test spark plug. Thanks for the tip.

X
Feb 7, 2018
How many amps should hand and thumb warmers take

I fixed the tail light short, replaced the relay, it starts and runs, but the main wires get warm after a short run time. As I start to turn on the grips and thumb warmer I get dash warning lights. My guess something is still drawing too much elec and those lights come on with lower voltage. Where is a good spot to test the system voltage? How much may amps should the grips take and how much for the thumb warmer? High and low settings. This is all on 2004 REV mxz Adrenaline 600HO.

Premium Features