• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 switchback boggy

R
Feb 6, 2018
Hello everyone, I have a 2006 Polaris 900 switchback. I have this problem where I will warm up the sled and get going then after about 10 minutes of riding it will start to bog down to the idle or below and will return to idling normal. But when I try to get going again it does not want to get going. So I shut of the sled (the rest period doesn't matter whether its a 10 sec. rest or a 5 minute rest) then I start it and get going for 5 minutes till it repeats the bogging cycle again.

My guess is, is that it is some sort of computer error that it doesn't like and tries to make the sled immovable; because (correct me if im wrong) but if it were mechanical it would happen right after i restart the sled. and if it were computer since it doesn't have a battery maybe its has some soft codes that gets erased after every restart and then reappears when it reaches some point in the usage of the snowmobile.

hopefully some one out here will be able to help me point me in the right direction, as to what the problem is and/or what I can do to fix it.

Premium Features