• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BDX chain case dip stick

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
Hey anyone ever install a BDX chain case cover with the dipstick and then break the dipstick? Is there a generic replacement for these or do I gotta order one from BDX. Trying to avoid this as I’m in northern bc Canada

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Hey anyone ever install a BDX chain case cover with the dipstick and then break the dipstick? Is there a generic replacement for these or do I gotta order one from BDX. Trying to avoid this as I’m in northern bc Canada

If you can find one at a wrecker that fits the hole just cut it to length.

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
First ride I broke it. Still had all pieces, epoxy’d it back together, trimmed the hoop off, then made my own guard so my boots wouldn’t break it again. I’m not near the sled, but when I get back home I could post a pic if you’d like

triedit

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
sheridan wy
I have a 2017 mtn cat with the bdx cover and like you broke it off several times ,so now I just left it broke off and use a pair off pliers to pull to check oil level ,short of building a guard around it not much you can do

Premium Features