• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Barcode 365 A-arms review

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Got a chance to do some testing on the Barcode 365 kit on a stock 15 proclimb 800. Really impressed with this kit over the stock setup on the 15. Still using 15 spindles. Bang for your buck it's a much better way to go than the Skinz kit I ran last year. Even with the stock wide panels and boards I was still able to hook some nice turns with this kit. It gets a ski off the ground and holds sidehills better than the stock 38" 15 setup. The steering bracket increases steering radius by a good amount and is very simple to install. It's a 36" wide kit and moves the spindles forward 5". I thought before I rode that this would be too much on an 800, but was surprised on how well it worked. I'm sure this would be and even better kit for the Yamis and 1100 turbos. Allan redesigned the upper a-arms after I rode them and gave him input to put more caster on the spindle. This made his kit work much better in powder. I still need to throw some 16 spindles on it and try it, but for 12-15's I feel it's a better setup than stock. Only downfall that I was seeing is a little more input is needed steering on the trails. But I'd rather have something that performs in the backcountry more than trails like most of us would. This was on my buddies stock '15 with wide panels/boards and high bar telescoping post. I'm sure it would be even better with lower bars and narrowed like my 16 has. None of my helmet cams in the trees turned out very good last weekend cause the cam got covered in snow after the first couple turns. My buddy got a couple vids of me on his phone out in the open stuff on some hills just messing around. Nothing jaw dropping lol.

https://vimeo.com/161490352

https://vimeo.com/161490351

https://vimeo.com/161487543

F

fishstick

Banned
Oct 4, 2014
Great review. I found the kit to great also. Looking forward to the fix that is being offered. I think its awesome as is. Cant wait to try it out next year.!!

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Re-worked upper A-arm. Now better caster on the spindle. And the new upper arm works for both 15 and 16 cat spindles using different tie rod ends.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
We just went to powder coaters. Should have new kits ready in a week or two.
We've redesigned the uppers, so it works with both OEM spindles, at the same 27deg castor.

Heres a sneak peek of the new upper.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Here are some picks with both new and old style spindles on.

J
Jan 7, 2016
Just wanted to put out my .02C worth.
I ordered the 365 kit. Showed up well packaged. Really nice quality build. Fit well, install sheet was good not perfect. But easy enough to get through the install.
First impression was WOW! This was just on the shop floor. I was pretty sceptical after watching their youtube vid of them pulling over the sled. But it was just that easy. I'm using the older spindle and the 38" wide shocks. All fit as it should. And looks pretty great.
Then I actually got it out on the snow. And WOW again. Super easy to carve the turning radius is sick! Holds a edge like nothing Ive ridden before. Spent the entire morning over riding the sled. Took no real effort to lean went over the sled many times, before getting the hang of not needing so much effort.
In our group there were a couple of the new cat 2016 kits on 2015 sleds. We all found the 365 kit to hold edge better turn better lean better etc. It just simple out rode the stock 36" three of the four guys ordered the 365 kit when we got home.

All I can say is awesome and glad I waited the stock hype out.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Had both sleds out figured Id get a side by side comparison look.

J
Jan 7, 2016
Figured I'd do a update on the kit.
I've managed to get out a couple more days.
Went out with two other riders one with the 365kit and the other with the stock 2016 Cat 36" set up. We did quite a bit of sled swapping just to get a good comparison.
I have to say the difference is really noticeable. Like I said in my last post the 365 kits just does everything better. Id say its the same improvement as going from the 38 to the new stock 36. I really am pretty blown away by how much fun and easy the sled rides. Been contemplating the new MC chain case and or the new Conquer 280 Going to hold off, the sled is just pretty awesome as is now. Mind you the 3" PC is a pretty fantastic track.

If your on the fence or even just thinking about getting the 365 kit. Don't wait, its so worth it. The last guy in our group is getting one also, he was getting tired of being out ridden.
I bet this kit on the new MC would make quite the weapon.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I rode the 17 updated Barcode kit some more this weekend. It's a better kit than the Skinz. And cheaper, and no messing with shocks. The Barcode kit actually has the tightest turning radius of anything out there. It turns on a dime. Even tighter than my 16 front end with the Wyoboy steering mod on it. I can literally ride miles down the trail with the Barcode on one ski if I want to. Would be much more difficult to do that on the 16 front end, or my axys. I'm really impressed with its technical abilities. Can do slow tech moves with ease and modulate the front end to do exactly what you want it to. Speed moves across a sidehill into a hard shoulder turn it's more predictable than the 16 front end. There are things the Barcode kit does better than the 16 front end, and things the 16 front end does better, like jumping.

Overall I think the Barcode kit is the best aftermarket kit out there. I've had plenty of time on the 12, 15, 16 stock front ends. Also the BDX front, and Skinz. I'm not a fan of the BDX front end. I haven't tried the new spindles, but I hope they added a ton of turning radius, or else that kit is still terrible. It turns like the stock 12 front end

nilsmountain

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2008
Lemmenjoki,Finland
I rode the 17 updated Barcode kit some more this weekend. It's a better kit than the Skinz. And cheaper, and no messing with shocks. The Barcode kit actually has the tightest turning radius of anything out there. It turns on a dime. Even tighter than my 16 front end with the Wyoboy steering mod on it. I can literally ride miles down the trail with the Barcode on one ski if I want to. Would be much more difficult to do that on the 16 front end, or my axys. I'm really impressed with its technical abilities. Can do slow tech moves with ease and modulate the front end to do exactly what you want it to. Speed moves across a sidehill into a hard shoulder turn it's more predictable than the 16 front end. There are things the Barcode kit does better than the 16 front end, and things the 16 front end does better, like jumping.

Overall I think the Barcode kit is the best aftermarket kit out there. I've had plenty of time on the 12, 15, 16 stock front ends. Also the BDX front, and Skinz. I'm not a fan of the BDX front end. I haven't tried the new spindles, but I hope they added a ton of turning radius, or else that kit is still terrible. It turns like the stock 12 front end

”There are things the Barcode kit does better than the 16 front end, and things the 16 front end does better, like jumping.”.....I’d like to hear the other things 16 OEM front does better and what is main thing for 16 OEM front does better on jumping,is it different shock angle vs. OEM or is it maybe forward geometry itself? Thanks.:)

Premium Features