• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

det codes on bullydog upgrade

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Got rid of the det problem but now sleds just bogs as soon as i ease onto throttle from a stand still like it's Flooding when I hit throotle even a little bit and its hanging at 4000 ramp at idle untill I chop throttle a few times then it idles down. I checked throttle cable and its not hanging up on anything and bullydog display said its at 0 % throttle at idle. Man I am having nothing but problems with this kit so far. Could barely get it back to shop. No det lights or codes present. Tried Justin but can't get ahold of him. Also my bullydog display said I am running 19-20 percent det at idle on both mag and pto. Can anyone out their help me figure this out before I toss kit in the garbage.

sounds like you have major issues unrelated to the turbo kit.

what problems were present before you swapped to the bullydog kit?

B
Jan 10, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
Sorry I should be more clear. Sled ram 100 perfect before turbo kit was installed. Then dobec tuner ha issues and would send full fuel to injectors at idle so sled wouldn't run. So waited for bullydog upgrade and now I am having the issues mentioned in the thread.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Sorry I should be more clear. Sled ram 100 perfect before turbo kit was installed. Then dobec tuner ha issues and would send full fuel to injectors at idle so sled wouldn't run. So waited for bullydog upgrade and now I am having the issues mentioned in the thread.

maybe your stock fueling ecu is at fault..??..or does the bullydog replace all stock control ..??

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Just looked through your old post pre BD update. Did you ever check that the pins were correct on the 3bar map sensor. I'm pretty sure that is still used with the upgrade, and if the map sensor isn't sensing boost correctly that could cause issues.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Ok, So your sled is a 2013.. With about 100 miles..

You rode the sled for the first 100 with zero issue then put on the Silber and are now having issues.

The Kit is a 13 with all updates and the BD installed

Was this a new kit or used kit. If used why was it originally removed.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Don't think bully dog is going to be as good as the hype, lost of diesel trucks run them and there hit or miss , them the sled set up will be the same.

B
Jan 10, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
Yes sled ran good for almost 500 miles without turbo. Bought kit off of a guy who sold his sled without turbo. Ran good at 12psi. Not much in the kit other then fueling that could go wrong. Turbo is fine and So is all other parts. It's a 2013 kit and just got the BD last week and have not bean able to get it working rite. Idles good and air/fuel is normal for idle and light cruise. I'm at 2000 feet in eliation and only running 7-8 psi plugs are slightly wight but that could be from the 100ll. It almost sounds like it is not getting enough fuel at wot causing it to bog and go into severe det mode. Could my tps be out if position. If so does the ecu read the tps sensor and then send out a appropriate single to the injectors to open up. Could this be why my fuel mapping is not working well?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
do you have a buddy around with a similar sled that you can exchange parts..??
although I reckon you don't want to reflash his ecu...your in a tough spot...

Premium Features