• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Problem with Silber turbo kit.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Problem with Silber turbo kit. UPDATED NEW PROBLEM!

Hi. Ive got a 2011 turbo kit mounted on my 2011 pro rmk. Started tuning today but quickly ran into a couple problems.

First, the engine seems like it's getting boost, but there is almost no movement or sign of any boost on the boost gauge.

Second, the dET light comes quickly on, and if we max the fuel supply on the fuel controller, it still dont seem like the engine is getting enough fuel, it wont drown in gas whatsoever.

Third, im thinking if we have hooked up the fuel controller wrong to the solenoid, the line between the controller and solenoid is connected to the fitting with the number two on, on the solenoid, the line between the billet boot and solenoid is on the other side.

Any thoughts?

If someone got some pictures og their installation of this turbo kit, could you post them please? Like to compare.

Last edited:

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Live in Norway so no Silber dealer, and mye spoken english is bad, so i wouldnt understand half of what he was saying, nor would he understand me. Emailed him the same i wrote here.

Dont know if the lights changed since it wasnt me driving it. It's a buddy of mine who has some experinces with turbo 2-strokes who did it.

It feels like the sled is getting boost, but since the boost gauge wont give any reading its really hard to know how much and whats happening.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
And the dET light comes on so quickly that you almost cant see any change in lights on the fuel controller.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
And is the turbo meaning to make some spinning noise when turning the sled off? Sounds almost like its running dry, but checked the oil flow and thats good, also checked free play of the fan on the intake of the turbo and theres no free play.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
You will always hear the turbo wind down when you shut it off. That's normal.

It is crucial to know if you see the green blue lights. You may be hitting DET because the controller is not hooked up properly. The green blue light info will help us determine that.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Okey, thanks :) Will check that tomorrow asap!

Well I do belive the fuel controller is hooked up correct, but im sceptical on the solenoid connection. Can you give me a quick guide or pictures of that?

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Sounds like it may most likley be a install erro that you may have to look into.. But a few questions for ya , are you hitting the rev limiter? Also Can you wright down your box settings for us to see how your set up and how many turns out on the boost controller you are. When you start the sled is the box blinking only the far green light?

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Nope, not hitting rev limiter.

Will do, but would have to wait for tomorrow since im to far away from sled.

thanks anyways, I also thinks it some kinda install error, and thats why i hope somebody got pictures of the solenoid and som basic pictures, not of the turbo and pipe :)

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
The side with only a fitting goes towards the throttle bodies. The side with a fitting and another hole goes towards the controller.

Well there's probably one of my problems, ive hooked it up the other way. The side with only one fitting is now towards the fuel controller, and the other side with the fitting and an empty one goes towards the throttle bodies.

Liv4turbo

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2011
Milton-Freewater OR
The side with only a fitting goes towards the throttle bodies. The side with a fitting and another hole goes towards the controller.

Boosted you have it backwards fitting and hole
Go's to billet boot single side go's to controll box over fueling can also create vibration and set off the det light

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
What? Damn, I tought that was my problem... Problem is, it runs good and crisp for a couple pulls, then dET light comes on, according to the fuel controller, it should get so much that it wouldnt be near getting high rpm, because it would drown.

R

R_8_N

Nov 28, 2007
When its at idol do you see the blue light flash on the right with the green on the left or just the green on the left? Is the blue light coming on before your seeing boost?

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
When its at idol do you see the blue light flash on the right with the green on the left or just the green on the left? Is the blue light coming on before your seeing boost?

I can just see the green light when it's at idle. Don't know if the blue comes on before boost.

Premium Features