• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Install Tips

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Well with a bunch of you recieving your silber kits soon, id figure i would share some tips i came across to save you the headache..Im the kind of guy that learns the hard way lol after 2 hrs i finally had the boot on:frusty:

1. The oil linkage rod does NOT seat beetween the boot and the fuel rail on the boot, its goes in the stock position beetween the boot and the TB.

2. You are going to want to take your control box and plug in the secondary injectors BEFORE you bolt the boot on, else have fun getting at them later.

3. You will have to lift the oil linkage rod up and rest it on the mag side secondary injector Before you bolt the boot on, becasue once the secondary injectors are plugged in you wont be able to get the linkage rod past the MAG side secondary injector.

*Also a good idea to zip tie the injector wires to the billet boot fuel rail so they dont rub on the bulkhead.

I had to take the boot off twice :doh: , so id figure id save you guys the headache.

EDIT MORE INFO:

4. You will want to hook up all hoses on the billet boot before you put the TB back on. this includes BOV, solenoid, boost guage.

5. the airbox bolt on the clutch side as well as the washer and spacer must be through the airbox tab before you mount the airbox to the TB, else the bolt wont fit through.

Last edited:

The450kid

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Rimbey Alberta
Lets see some pics... I would like to see the intake as i am waiting on mine for my 2011 kit. I d like to update it sooner then later...thanks!

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Whats everyone want to see pics of.. pics have been posted in the other thread there for a while now.
The only thing not pictured is the intake, the intake is just a piece of flex tube. running from the turbo up in to the intake plenum.

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
Also I might ad that you should read all of the instructions before installing. Most importantly before you put on the air box on the throttle boddis make sure you have all the hoses hooked up and routed. Follow the hint to leave the intake hose on the turbo and route it out around the air box. You will want to be sure to remove the tank and do the fuel line hook ups later in the install, you will need to go to auto parts store to get the kit to remove the hoses. Tomorrow i will show how I did my gauges easy and out of the way and you can see them awesome. I think it can be done in 6 hours but I would suggest 10 to 12 to be sure you get everything to fit and not have issues later I also cleaned up a bunch of wiring. Also I had to cut down the charge tube and make it a bit shorter:face-icon-small-hap

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Also I might ad that you should read all of the instructions before installing. Most importantly before you put on the air box on the throttle boddis make sure you have all the hoses hooked up and routed. Follow the hint to leave the intake hose on the turbo and route it out around the air box. You will want to be sure to remove the tank and do the fuel line hook ups later in the install, you will need to go to auto parts store to get the kit to remove the hoses. Tomorrow i will show how I did my gauges easy and out of the way and you can see them awesome. I think it can be done in 6 hours but I would suggest 10 to 12 to be sure you get everything to fit and not have issues later I also cleaned up a bunch of wiring. Also I had to cut down the charge tube and make it a bit shorter:face-icon-small-hap

X2

You want to have everything hooked up to the billet boot before you put the tb's on. Solonoid, Boost, and the 2 B.O.V hoses.

- Also you will want to put the airbox bolt on the clutch side through before you mount the airbox, it wont go through due to the angle once the air box is on the TB's.

SSABMUD

Lifetime Membership
Oct 18, 2010
Red Deer, Alberta
I would also pull out the bottom injectors and look at the o-rings. I had two cut o-rings last year and found out after I had the sled running with fuel pouring out the bottom. Not fun doing the complete kit install all over again.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
FYI

The boot has a slightly different design from previous years,

The washer goes between the spacer and the airbox, then the o ring and bolt go on the engine side, as in the picture.

bolt.jpg bolt 2.jpg

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
how is it routed to reduce the amount of bends is what i am curious of??? I want the most flow possible thats all. Thanks again!

Youd have to talk to justin on that one, due to the fact the 11 & 12 turbos are mounted in different spots.

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
FYI

The boot has a slightly different design from previous years,

The washer goes between the spacer and the airbox, then the o ring and bolt go on the engine side, as in the picture.

Well too late now, I dont think it would be a big deal if I just left mine. I figured the washer was next to the oring to you would not twist the oring when you seat throttle body.

Is the 3rd port on the soloniod used? no

Last edited:

Liv4turbo

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2011
Milton-Freewater OR
fuse

the fuse is on the clutch side it has a black cover on it just above the clutch cover.

the 3rd port is not used make sure that the hoses are on right the control box plugs into the single port side

Last edited:

Liv4turbo

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2011
Milton-Freewater OR
here you go

Start with the numbers that you wont pointed at the rollers when it settles in the numbers will be more tords the back of the rollers

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Start with the numbers that you wont pointed at the rollers when it settles in the numbers will be more tords the back of the rollers

Would it end up that the 44-48-36er is facing the "x" on the secondary?

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
If you line up the 40-48 with the rollers you have that cut, if you line up the 44-48 you will have thet angle. The 40 start will allow a faster rev from the start but has a bit more belt heat, and the 44 grips better and loads the motor harder. Got mine fired up a few minutes ago, sounds about the same as when I had a mbrp can on it. Suppose to leave tonight for the snowies but one guy had some BS come up so now we wont leave until Sat night or Sun morning. My boost gauge reads vac pressure on the stand. Reved it up some but still reads like minus 4 psi I am at 900 ft here so I only have the control knob turned out 3 turns. Do we need to bleed the coolant system? If so how do we do it. On the ski doo we just jacked up the front end and ran it through a few heat cycles.

Last edited:

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
Last edited:
J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
Nice, I like the setup. I also like the gauge lifter you got. Which one did you get? I wonder if you could make a plate for the gauges to sit just below the gauge lifter?

I also see you cut to route wires for the control box, looks cleaner than draping them over the console from the handlebar opening.

P

powerfuldodge

Jan 30, 2011
Fort Mcmurray
Nice, I like the setup. I also like the gauge lifter you got. Which one did you get? I wonder if you could make a plate for the gauges to sit just below the gauge lifter?

I also see you cut to route wires for the control box, looks cleaner than draping them over the console from the handlebar opening.

where are you seeing the pic ??

i found the pics

Last edited:
Premium Features