• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLED WON’T IDLE OR GO INTO REVERSE

S
May 26, 2008
Wyoming
SLED WON’T IDLE OR GO INTO REVERSE

We went for a great ride today and about half way through the day my Pro RMK picked up a ruff idle and would die in about 10 seconds. Then I noticed it wouldn't go into reverse. Other than that it ran just fine. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should be checking? I don’t have to go back to work until next Tuesday and with it being Christmas week end the dealer won’t we around.

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
We went for a great ride today and about half way through the day my Pro RMK picked up a ruff idle and would die in about 10 seconds. Then I noticed it would go into reverse. Other than that it ran just fine. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should be checking? I don’t have to go back to work until next Tuesday and with it being Christmas week end the dealer won’t we around.

put it inside and let it thaw over night..will most likely fix it...check for any loose connectors as well....

B

BurtonXP

Dec 22, 2007
abbotsford bc
mine did the same thing to me a week ago , almost left me stranded, dealer replaced tps sensor and the thing works fine, hate to be the bearer of bad news with the dealer being closed, i'm assuming ur engine light is on too.

S
May 26, 2008
Wyoming
I unplug all the wires and plugged them back in and ever thing worked fine in the shop and the next day it worked until I stopped and it wouldn’t idle or go into reverse. So I went ahead and road it aanyway and that wasn’t the best idea of the day.
We made it 35 miles from the trucks and is started to drop a cylinder in the mid-range, by the time I made it back to the trail is would run full throttle and then just about die then hit on 2 again and take off like a shot, then just barley pull itself on flat ground. I made it back to the parking lot under my own power. Then I had to ride it 15 mile to town and about 5 miles from town it started to run perfect, 8250 and not miss a beat. Of course there was never a check engine light or any light that came on, it got hauled off to the dealer.

MOWER800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Layton Utah
hummm

sounds almost like mine check the throtle cable adjuster in front odf the bars it gets loose and thats all that was wrong with mine

Premium Features