• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iceage ELEVATE kit - interesting!!!

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
My idea is to set aside $10 a week from now until December 2019. I think I can do without a couple coffees or or lunch once a week to afford it for my 18.:face-icon-small-hap

36 weeks remaining until December 2019. You are at $360 and one third of the way there. Maybe you will have it by December 2021 of course by then the 2022 cat will be available with new chassis and their own elevated spindles.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
im still not over the rail thing. you can move around the alpha rail and change the limiter strap and it works but twin rail guys need new rails altogether... not buying it. need to put my money where my mouth is and try it but like others, I can't afford the alpha spindle kit right now.

Shane23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
Concerning the pricing, no ones even mentioned that based on the alpha elevate kit they've been charging $700 for $500 worth of rails.

I could have sold several dozen of these if the price was more reasonable.

I've been thinking that as well, but figured we were in too deep already.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I've been thinking that as well, but figured we were in too deep already.

Things are definitely getting deep.

I think the price is what the market will bear.

Regardless of anyone’s comments.

If ice age markets the kits right and sells tons the price is justified.

If they refine the mfg process and lower the price before that happens then it’s free market at work.

Either pay or do not pay. It’s all personal choice.

The actual costs of machine time added to material cost factoring in development time divided by number of parts produced.
Then ice age has to cover overhead expenses (building, salaries, utilities, taxes, maintenance etc)

After all that hopefully a profit is realized.

If the transaction is not a win-win then one of the parties will quit making the transaction happen. Seller or buyer

Free market capitalism.
(No entitlement in business)

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
700ish is what they charge for custom rails.

These are kind of custom given the market share of cat mountain sleds.

BOOM! Thanks folks. I'm here all night. Tip your waiter.

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
Things are definitely getting deep.

I think the price is what the market will bear.

Regardless of anyone’s comments.

If ice age markets the kits right and sells tons the price is justified.

If they refine the mfg process and lower the price before that happens then it’s free market at work.

Either pay or do not pay. It’s all personal choice.

The actual costs of machine time added to material cost factoring in development time divided by number of parts produced.
Then ice age has to cover overhead expenses (building, salaries, utilities, taxes, maintenance etc)

After all that hopefully a profit is realized.

If the transaction is not a win-win then one of the parties will quit making the transaction happen. Seller or buyer

Free market capitalism.
(No entitlement in business)

thanks for the capitalism lesson but i dont think anyone argued with them being able to charge what they want. I think everyones pointing out that for 1.1k, or 1.8k for rail version...is too much for a lot of us to justify. that is all. i'm sure lotta guys will buy them. :)

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
thanks for the capitalism lesson but i dont think anyone argued with them being able to charge what they want. I think everyones pointing out that for 1.1k, or 1.8k for rail version...is too much for a lot of us to justify. that is all. i'm sure lotta guys will buy them. :)

Cool.

It had less to do with capitalism than actual cost of being in business.

jason_hildo

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2010
How many pages can there be of complaining about the price? Its not gonna make them any cheaper, if you can't afford them who cares. It would be nice to hear more rider experiences.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
im still not over the rail thing. you can move around the alpha rail and change the limiter strap and it works but twin rail guys need new rails altogether... not buying it. need to put my money where my mouth is and try it but like others, I can't afford the alpha spindle kit right now.

The twin rail skid and the mono rail may share a lot of characteristics but the shape of the bend of the rail, and exact skid geometry is NOT the same. This is what allowed us get away with a drop on the Alpha without rails. We were not able to produce twin rail kits without the new rails that we were proud of the handling. It bolts up and you can do it, but if your goal is dialed handling, you will not find it by doing that.

Thanks for all the guys who stopped by and checked out product in Jackson. Always fun engaging customers and showing off the latest and greatest we have to offer.

For those interested in a kit yet this season we recommend you pull the trigger sooner then later. Our latest build is just about sold out and we will not have more until around Haydays.

Our customer feedback has been awesome and we are excited to get more of our new Alpha kits on the snow to continue to show guys what the Cats are capable of. Our sales are showing exactly what we expected. Once one rider gets one, more continue to follow in the area as people get to throw a leg over one of the sleds.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Just like the sled itself. I love mine and I know I have spread the word about how great I think it is. Also, I love it when guys who aren’t customers of a business try and tell them how to run it. They didn’t just crap out that price. They know their costs, they know what their margin has to be to actually make money and it got priced by how the math worked out. They didn’t build the Elevate kit and say “you know what, this is so cool we are going to double our normal margin”. I am going to be down to just the Alpha for next year and I will probably put the Elevate kit on it and put some lightweight parts on it.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Also, I love it when guys who aren’t customers of a business try and tell them how to run it. They didn’t just crap out that price. They know their costs, they know what their margin has to be to actually make money and it got priced by how the math worked out. They didn’t build the Elevate kit and say “you know what, this is so cool we are going to double our normal margin”.

love your speculation on the business end as well.

@iceage, thanks for that tidbit on the rail curve, noted.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
THANK YOU!

We just wanted to thank our awesome customer base across the board for the overwhelming support of this product line. Our spring release of the Alpha kits didn't even make it 2 weeks before selling out. All Elevate kits are now sold out for the 18/19 season.

Don't worry, we already have the builds scheduled and the project in motion for a big build ready to go for haydays.:thumb::thumb:

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
THANK YOU!

We just wanted to thank our awesome customer base across the board for the overwhelming support of this product line. Our spring release of the Alpha kits didn't even make it 2 weeks before selling out. All Elevate kits are now sold out for the 18/19 season.

Don't worry, we already have the builds scheduled and the project in motion for a big build ready to go for haydays.:thumb::thumb:
When do you think the next ones will be ready to buy?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
haydays?

What do you do during summer? Besides retire early on all the fat cash you made from the huge price margins on elevate kits I mean.

Yes that's a joke.

maybe

Premium Features