• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Axys Clutching

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I have a few on the snow today pulling the 48* 180/300 on 7#
and 180/280 on 5# but this is at 9,000 and up elevation and they are working very very well so far FWIW

Kyle- maybe split it in the middle and go the Black /orange 180/280 at your boost # and elevation
Zero belt issues so far and cool to the touch with ZERO venting- but spot on clutch alignment

Last edited:
J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
I have a few on the snow today pulling the 48* 180/300 on 7#
and 180/280 on 5# but this is at 9,000 and up elevation and they are working very very well so far FWIW

Kyle- maybe split it in the middle and go the Black /orange 180/280 at your boost # and elevation
Zero belt issues so far and cool to the touch with ZERO venting- but spot on clutch alignment

My clutches get smokin' hot still - but wondering if its just because I'm getting a bunch of belt slip due to a worn belt... will try a new belt and report back. Sled still performing well.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
Finally got my junk on the hill. EZ3' of fluffy deliciousness. The springs that came in the ki. Almond and blk an wht.
82 grams with a 44-48-36. Ran on point. Perfect recovery -100-200 and right back up. Coming down isn't all that great but motor is holding a little. Not as snappy initially as a N/A.
Engages 3700
8300-8400 on a 1000' pull.
Gotta watch the tach on the road, brap brap, brap and yur motivating.
7#-100% Av with break in erl in fuel. Still breaking it in. 80 miles.
4500-5500 elevation today.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Nice!! I'm heading out today with a completely different helix today. From what I felt yesterday this could be a very nice setup. I'll report back findings after today, supposedly 4' of fresh where we are headed. Should be a good test.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Oops. This is a 2017-174-3'' with a tki belt drive conversion. 25 tooth top gear. I'm going to throw a 26 at it for a little mph for when the Aero charger Doo in the group shows up.

... your running 7 tooth drivers??
I am running 8 with the 25x63 from TKI but on a 163/2.6 =true 2.52 ratio for tree hopping and change to 28 for 2.25 or all other riding.... will be trying different clutching as soon as my helix get's here from Indy Dan

Last edited:

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
... your running 7 tooth drivers??
I am running 8 with the 25x63 from TKI but on a 163/2.6 =true 2.52 ratio for tree hopping and change to 28 for 2.25 or all other riding.... will be trying different clutching as soon as my helix get's here from Indy Dan

Yup. 7 tooth avids. 25 top gear is really close to 2.40. I'm thinking of a heavier enitial pri spring to get the rpm up a few hundred on engagement. Little snappier on bottom end for tree trimming.

Last edited:

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
So I put in a 56-42 helix but kept my current black/white secondary spring. In turn I dropped 4 grams of weight and kept my almond spring in the primary. I was only able to pull 8250 rpms at max elevation 1800'.

I spent some time on the phone with Curt @ Kurt's Polaris and he said this is how a ton of boosted setups are run down there, although with stiffer secondary springs so you aren't slipping belts, so he said "throw that bad chicken in there and drop 4 grams of weight and you should be real close to where you need to be."

Maybe drop a bit more weight, find a black/silver spring for the secondary and I'm going to try a Team green primary spring as well. Dropping all this weight has changed my engagement a couple hundred RPM's.
The sled came to life in the bottom end though for the first time in a long time. My previous clutch setup ran great and I got 500 miles on my first belt so curious to see how things progress from here.

homeboy

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2003
Chehalis
xpspensiv I was reading thru these posts and saw originally you where running the Black/Silver 160-280 so you then switched to the Black/White 160-260 correct ?

Have same sled with TKI 25 top but with MTNTK turbo

Thanks for your input

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
xpspensiv I was reading thru these posts and saw originally you where running the Black/Silver 160-280 so you then switched to the Black/White 160-260 correct ?

Have same sled with TKI 25 top but with MTNTK turbo

Thanks for your input
no sir. The blk/wht that came in the kit. I have a team pink enroute. Gonna try upping the engagement a few hundred rpm. 3700 now.
My bad. Went back threw and checked. I did say black silver but I was incorrect. Sorry bout that.

Last edited:

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Heading back out tomorrow morning right behind what is supposed to be a huge storm so snow conditions should be awesome.
Going to run the 56-42.36 helix with the BLK/WHT secondary spring.
Threw the stock BLK primary spring 120/320 back in and I'm currently down to 78 grams. Something that seems a bit unheard of for guys riding at 250' and up elevation. I am however only running 3# of boost. If I can get this dialed then when the interior Alaska catches up with the coast on snow levels I can just up my boost as I drive up in elevation.
See how things progress. Trying to change only one thing at a time. Testing my tinker patience.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I switched to the venom weights after my bushings lasted 3 rides on my SSI weights. The venom weights are pulling more consistent rpms and feel smoother. At 11K ft I'm running Red bolt in bottom hole, blue with thin washer in middle, and blue with no washer in top hole. Speedwerx H5 140-335 spring with 2 metal glide washers in the spring cup. 3900rpm engagement. 40deg helix and the secondary spring that came with the Silber kit (forgot the rate) with one glide washer under spring cup. Pulling 8300-8350 consistently at 11K ft. Stock chaincase gearing. Runs like a champ. Think I'm gonna stick with this setup.

So l switched some stuff up. Went to a speedwerx 180-300 secondary spring. Then went to lots of tip weight on venom. Red bolt in tip, blue in middle, and aluminum bolt with 2 washers in bottom. I feel this lets the weights snap open and it hits full rpm very quick then settle back down rpm. Makes it super responsive. Hits 8500-8550rpm then was settling down to 8400rpm. Will prob add a bit more weight to the mid or bottom hole and try that next time to get rpm down just a tad. But so far impressed. I ride hard and for long stints and my clutches you could actually hold your hands on yesterday. And secondary wasnt as hot and closer to primary heat compared to the setup above. Want to try TRS setup, but its tough to do so right now when this setup is running so good.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
Very nice. I went up yesterday to about 5000ft. I put the Polaris (Pink) spring in primary. It increased engagement to 4000rpm. The sluggish hesitation is gone Nice a pretty snappy in the tree's. It was holding 8400rpm on the lake racing. Clutches weren't getting hot on decent pulls and tree trimming. Recovery is excellent and back shift is good.

Pretty happy with this set up.

Last edited:

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Put close to 14 hrs on the sled this weekend in some very steep technical terrain and boy was this setup fun. Highest I rode was 1500' and I was pulling 8450 RPM's. I'm currently down to 77.8grams and on 3# of boost. Couple times there I was wishing I had more boost cause there was 4' of fresh on Saturday. Engagement was at ~4000 and the sled was a monster down low which it hasn't been in the past. I'm still running a 160/260 secondary spring and a 56-42.36 helix. I'll be away from the mtns for the next couple weeks but will be trying out a completely new setup when I get back for ****s and giggles. It's only money right? Ha. But this setup runs great at lower elevation. And I know it's not as high boost wise as other guys but not many people are running at sealevel elevation, 3# is a handful down low.

Premium Features