• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys 163 silber pump gas or bd?

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Silber new internal waste turbo!!!

There's a rounded edge and a sharp faced edge to it that is hardly noticed unless you look closely... Don't ask how I found that out.... But if it's wrong your sled will bog on bottom and be hurky jerky on engagement. It's something worth looking at for sure. Our group didn't know until we put one together the wrong way... Sled still ran but was off a little and the symptoms you describe and I mentioned above sound similar to what ours did... Now it's perfect.

I told you silber would blow your minds with the new internal waste turbo... Even cheaper than the externals out now! Just keeps getting better !

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
There's a rounded edge and a sharp faced edge to it that is hardly noticed unless you look closely... Don't ask how I found that out.... But if it's wrong your sled will bog on bottom and be hurky jerky on engagement. It's something worth looking at for sure. Our group didn't know until we put one together the wrong way... Sled still ran but was off a little and the symptoms you describe and I mentioned above sound similar to what ours did... Now it's perfect.

I told you silber would blow your minds with the new internal waste turbo... Even cheaper than the externals out now! Just keeps getting better !

I don't know how a rounded clip or flat faced one could make a difference. The hub doesn't move...The clip is just there to stop the cup from flying off. Am I missing something?

This is from the factory service manual and it doesn't mention it either. Is it possible its just coincidence that you noticed a difference?

Disassembly and Assembly Process
1. Remove the screws from the helix, then carefully pry the helix out of the moveable sheave, or gently tap shaft on a block of wood.
2. Install the clutch in the clutch compressor fixture, PN 8700220. Install the extensions, PN PS-45909.
3. Wearing eye protection, carefully compress the roller assembly to gain access to the snap ring. Remove the snap ring.
4. Slowly release the fixture arm to remove the roller assembly and spring. Disassemble the clutch sheaves.
5. Inspect the sheaves for abnormal wear. Clean sheave faces with a Scotch Brite pad and a solution of warm, soapy water.
6. Inspect spring, spring cup, spacer and rollers for wear and replace as required.
7. To assemble the clutch, slide the components back on to the stationary sheave shaft.
8. Align the notch in the roller assembly with row of
double splines on the shaft. Slowly compress the spring and roller assembly down on to the shaft. Install the snap ring making sure it is fully seated in the groove.
9. Install the helix by aligning the rollers with the ramps. Push the helix down into the sheave while keeping the screws holes aligned.
10. Install and torque helix fasteners to specification.
=T
Helix Fasteners: 11 - 13 ft-lbs (15 - 17 Nm)

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Theoretically, the snap ring is supposed to go in a certain way. I know the manual may not talk about it. You can get away with installing it either way (side) but know there really is a right way and a wrong way.

I'm not sure what happened above, but it almost sounds like the snap ring wasn't fully down seated fully into the groove. I have took one apart before that was like this. I'm not really sure how the snap ring was still holding the retainer from blowing out and lucky it didn't blow into my face when I was looking at it.

Next time, study the snap ring close. It will have a rounded side and a sharp, straight side.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
It can not change anything by simply putting the snap ring in upside down. It is made a certain way in order to stay in place. Now it is possible that it was installed incorrectly and the snap ring came off, but will make no difference just because it is upside down.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Pulled the secondary. Everything looked to be together correctly. Gave it another cleaning while I was there but it won't see snow again until next winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Silber doesn't condone or ask ppl to lie about having a turbo for warranty purposes. Nor is that their main selling point. If you got the money to spend on a sled then a turbo you should have the money to fix it. If you don't well then you might be in the wrong sport... Or ride good enough that you get it all free!

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Silber doesn't condone or ask ppl to lie about having a turbo for warranty purposes. Nor is that their main selling point. If you got the money to spend on a sled then a turbo you should have the money to fix it. If you don't well then you might be in the wrong sport... Or ride good enough that you get it all free!

Where is this coming from?

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Ppl talking bout how you can take your silber turbo off and reflash back to stock and claim warranty on your sled was a bonus over drilling tunnel for bd... That's what I was talking about it was on another thread. I thought I'd write that bc of the joke it is.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I have been debating which of these to buy until last week, when I saw a silber kit for $3300 it was over. Silber it is. They both look awesome and both seem to run really good.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013

Thats Random..

Premium Features