• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Break in period

J
Oct 11, 2017
I recently purchased a new 2018 switchback assault 800 for the wife. I’ve been on doo’s for a while so just figuring out Polaris. The dealer told me to add oil to gas for first tank. The book says that the sled will add extra oil during break in. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

562xp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2012
No oil in the gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truckeedoo

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Truckee,CA
My dealer added oil, granted it was the same dealer that said the spare belt storage was an air intake and there is no place on sled for spare belt anymore.

Side note, when does oil consumption slow down? It seems like it's going through it 3 or 4x more than my 15 did?

I only have 75 powder miles so it's still breaking in.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
My dealer added oil, granted it was the same dealer that said the spare belt storage was an air intake and there is no place on sled for spare belt anymore.

Side note, when does oil consumption slow down? It seems like it's going through it 3 or 4x more than my 15 did?

18 hours.

Truckeedoo

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Truckee,CA
PS any help for suspension setup. I have the mono tubes. Not the best. Manual has about one paragraph. At least KTM and Husky have measurements and suggestions for a baseline.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

Extra fuel 2 hours
Extra oil 10 hours

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
All you guys saying no oil on an 18 800, mine came with the little tag around the gas cap that said mix 100:1 first tank.

I did and no issues at about 8hrs now and onto a fresh tank.

Maybe I should check my plugs eh? :face-icon-small-hap

Only problem I've had so far is the darn thing won't start if the key isn't in it I've discovered.

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
All you guys saying no oil on an 18 800, mine came with the little tag around the gas cap that said mix 100:1 first tank.

I did and no issues at about 8hrs now and onto a fresh tank.

Maybe I should check my plugs eh? :face-icon-small-hap

Only problem I've had so far is the darn thing won't start if the key isn't in it I've discovered.

What model? Mine is 18/800 also and said 40:1... my deal put in 16oz and 5 gallons.. i went ahead and filled the tank completely and had zero issues.

Premium Features