• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EarthX ETX36D Lithium Battery

J

judger101

Sep 2, 2008
Washburn, ND
I am doing a few upgrades to the Nytro before snow flies and a lightweight lithium battery was on the list. I did a bunch of research and it seems like earthx is the best (most expensive as well!) Looks like this is about an 11 pounds weight savings for $350.

I live in ND so cold was a serious concern. In reviews I saw they are using these in AK with success so I thought why not give it a try. I also always carry my antigravity lithium microstart just in case (you need to buy one of these!).

I will be posting some picks. I got the earthX today and it is about the same size as the stock battery just a little bit shorter. I know what 10 lbs feels like, but when you put them each in one hand it is amazing the difference. If you think about an extra 10 lbs hanging high up on the side of a sled it is quite a bit.

I will be posting pics and performance updates throughout the year.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Another Review of this is available here
http://www.snowgoer.com/snowmobile-news/earthx-lithium-snowmobile-battery-review/0414/

LITH-ETHX-ETX36D-3.jpg

81KHFITnbXL._SX425_.jpg

mysledblows

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Had one in my wife's apex for a few years and it's always started the sled. Even at -30F it has always started. Thinking of getting another one for my sled.

J

judger101

Sep 2, 2008
Washburn, ND
that would be unfortunate, i have an email in to earthx to figure that out for sure.

here is a size comparison, like i said it is just a little bit shorter than stock

on my cheap scale i show a 10.41 lb weight loss.

at a purchase price of $350 this mod cost $33.62/lb weight loss.

K45

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
Bought one of these for my Boosted Viper. Sled fires right instanly run for a few seconds then quits, if I keep firing it up it throws a couple codes ( never looked to see what the codes were) put the factory battery back in fires up and runs perfect. Battery was/is fully charged.

S

sledhed.2008

Sep 7, 2008
MN
I have been using earthX for 2 years. No problems. At -5F it took 4 starting cycles over a 10 minute period to start the nytro

J

judger101

Sep 2, 2008
Washburn, ND
i decided to put on a hand warmer kit onto the battery. in cold weather it will warm up the battery heat wise as well as by drawing a current. this is a $7 hand warmer kit off of ebay with some foil tape.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Bought one of these for my Boosted Viper. Sled fires right instanly run for a few seconds then quits, if I keep firing it up it throws a couple codes ( never looked to see what the codes were) put the factory battery back in fires up and runs perfect. Battery was/is fully charged.

We tried 3 of these batteries last year on the Vipers and they wouldn't run. Sent them back for a full refund.

K45

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
We tried 3 of these batteries last year on the Vipers and they wouldn't run. Sent them back for a full refund.

Thanks, I should have asked you.
Nice light paperweight now.....

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I had no issues with my lithium battery for the last two seasons once I learned the proper starting technique for COLD mornings

C
Apr 17, 2013
alberta
Im cancelling mine. Ill wait till a better design or something that's proven. Ill just bring a jump pack incase i ever need it. Also doubles to charge my gopro stuff if i need to

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
i decided to put on a hand warmer kit onto the battery. in cold weather it will warm up the battery heat wise as well as by drawing a current. this is a $7 hand warmer kit off of ebay with some foil tape.

I would LOVE to know if this works and doesn't hammer the battery power storage levels.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Will be interested to read your comments.
the ONLY times I have had any issues with Lithium is after a VERY cold night.
When they get into the negative temps, it just takes "longer" for the battery to self-warm. It always comes around, but sometimes it takes longer than I would like. So I would be very interested to see if there is a reasonable short cut to warming the battery in the morning.

Premium Features