• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTH-A little miffed here

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
za9y9eqy.jpg

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Why is this harp on me when all my post said was "me too!" and got deleted. Last time I checked I didn't spell the word out, I used other characters in place of a couple letters as TONS of other people do on this forum and I've never seen anyone jump on them. SO WHY ME!?!?!?

Yeah. I don't really agree with how that went down either.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Well...

So you could not be happier with your sled? Do you feel for the money you spent, you couldn't have a better or more reliable sled?
I think all the machinery is almost priced out of the market - even worse here in Canada. My sled has not given me any grief thus far, the only thing that would have failed last season was the drive chain (and I caught it at 500 miles before it broke). Now, I feel that a lot of the M1100T issues were caused at the assembly line, and then not corrected during PDI. Personally, I've always picked up my new sled and blueprinted the chassis, and set clutch & ski alignment myself, as "some" dealers have the shop kid sweeping the floor setting up sleds for the showroom. I've done this for years, as I hate the idea of something going way wrong on the first ride out (I trailer my sleds 300+ miles one-way to ride, and usually go for 5 days straight at a time). Should I have to do my own setup? No. But in all honesty, I found issues with my wife's RMK and my kid's Summit last year, so EVERY manufacturer is at fault as far as quality control. It comes down to pride, and frankly, a large percentage of the population working in manufacturing are there simply for a cheque, and feeling that they are entitled to more...
When I bought the M1100T, I threw warranty out the window before I ever rode it, installing the EVO goodies and driveline improvements. Did the same to every sled I owned previously, too. Modding them is almost as fun as riding them. But as a licenced mechanic, I also understand that anytime power is increased, the life of the driveline is reduced - just ask anyone who has chipped up their diesel pickup and uses it as a work truck. Chances are they've went through a tranny or u-joints, etc.
So, am I happy with my sled? Yes. Did I purchase it intending to keep it stock? No. My ONLY complaints are that I wasn't able to buy it without warranty (saving 1500-3500) that I could have put into the build, and that Cat didn't keep the Diamond Drive in this chassis.
Not defending Cat, or any other manufacturer - every machine requires improvements out of the box, but as whole, the machines are light years ahead of what we rode in the 80's, 90's, and into the 2000's.

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
There has been a bunch of blow hards on here lately riding around on their high horses. Oh and don't worry if you take away my privileges of reading all this gossip. It won't hurt my feelings one bit and I will still wake up every morning and go about my day. It will actually save me data on my phone plan!
KEEP CALM AND BOOST ON!

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
I have no issue with the good, bad, and the ugly that goes on in any forum. I am 100% with getting a large detour from topic its own thread. Clearly there was enough content to have one in this case. I'm all for leaving all content, good or bad, as is unless it personally goes sideways.

As for complaining about the Evo guys (pack of wolves it's apparently called), step back and look at that. First and only guys to make mountain specific turbo kits for 1100s using ecu reflashing. I've only seen a couple guys regularly complain about how their kits worked. For the most part we dont know what has or hasnt been adressed to fix their specific issues. More impressive is they have never been dodged like most aftermarket companies would, hiding after being paid. That in this day and age of all access information is amazing IMO. Is there anyone else that has put the time and effort into fixing the engineering (for lack of a better blanket coverage of Cat mishaps) than Evo (and the people that test and design with jim) has for these problems arising after adding more hp....no. I don't see any of the much larger aftermarket 1100 companies on here freely giving data and r&d findings. They are not in the mountain segment. Just because one company has answers for almost all anyone's questions regarding 1100s doesn't make it a conspiracy, it makes them them the leader in the industry. I was working on what I saw to be issues in the 1100 since I rode one at cat 6 months before they were first released. I didn't even know who Evo was nor was I a Cat dealer at that time. I was a 4s guy with years on a TApex with 25k of aftermarket on it. The stock 1100 was light years ahead of that with the exception of the missing 140hp.

I hate ranting but with the exception of Jim's dataloging I have more time into the deep bowels of 1100 issues and tried more stuff than anyone I am aware of. I did the final test ride and evaluation on the BC kit before I became the distributor for Canada. Those are my videos on Evo's site with my '12. I had other product before Evo that did not deliver as promised and I started looking around for who was working on the same things I was seeing. There are a lot of people that have put in many snow hours to back up what we have found. it's not just a money grab. If it was i'd still be pawing HJ 2.0's for my mountain customers instead of them sitting on the shelf for 2 years lol.

The bottom line for me is if anyone is willing to ask the questions they should also be open to the replies. If they choose to not believe the majority that is their choice. But please do not make it sound like its our fault we all agree for the most part. It's also not our fault that no one else from other companies don't take the time to be on forums helping where we can. That should show the level of commitment we have to making this sled better for everyone.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Why is language in fouled plug different tolerances than the rest of the forum?

Why is it worse directed at a mod than anybody else on here?

It seems as though there is a double standard here.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Why is language in fouled plug different tolerances than the rest of the forum?

Why is it worse directed at a mod than anybody else on here?

It seems as though there is a double standard here.

We're all wondering the same thing?
Oh. And. What gives a mod the power to delete a post with nothing against the rules in it??

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
Like I said some people are taking their "mod" title and letting it add 12 inches and getting all butt hurt when someone gets mad and calls them out and asks why their post got deleted. Oh by the way are we allowed to say "butt"? Don't want the safety patrol to put me in a time out.

Premium Features