• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Evo Super Chute first ride

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Haha she wouldn't leave me. We are married for life:heart:, she would just be very hard to live with for a while!

See.....win, win. She is mad, you are gone sledding. She cools down, you come back. So your sayin' there's a chance!

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
See.....win, win. She is mad, you are gone sledding. She cools down, you come back. So your sayin' there's a chance!

I would say there is a chance the big chute could become a reality but the super chute is unlikely. I need to find out what my wage increase will be for 2013 and find out what my profit sharing check will have on it this year. Of course that won't be till mid dec. . . . . What's the turn around time on the big chute turbo right now?

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Turbo track speed

My TApex was around 320 and had a 16x162x2.5, it was just over 90 on a light fluffy day. When testing last spring a 215hp was around 48-52 where the bc275 was 65-70. This was heavy spring snow. 15-20 mph more would be my guess on that day. Same track and clutching.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Evo 215 reflash, BOV, Intake cluching and 2.6 track 60-65 TS depending on pass and snow conditions and I will say everything felt spot on really a plug and play kit

HCR 10
did you run Steves weights? and the polaris black?
secondary did you stay stock?? helix/ spring

Looking to stay this way tiil mid season

Thanks
S/C

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
Yes HCR10 is running our setup. MDS with the black spring and a 36/44 helix. Mark also has the EVO header and turbo blankets, boost tubes, and straight pipe.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Thanks-
Great- I spoke to you guy's yesterday
Same as I except- waitin on the turbo blanket.
u run lighter weights since the rev limiter is now bumped on the 215Hp flash
. Currently MDS 86gr with stock ECU. can hit the limiter so went to 89 215 flash is on it's way

Sorry for hijacking this.

S/C

Last edited:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Thanks-
Great- I spoke to you guy's yesterday
Same as I except- waitin on the turbo blanket.
u run lighter weights since the rev limiter is now bumped on the 215Hp flash
. Currently MDS 86gr with stock ECU. can hit the limiter so went to 89 215 flash is on it's way

Sorry for hijacking this.

S/C

Steve at mds told me to add a 2.2 gram nut at the tip for the 215 flash. Unsure if the guys at evo are doing the same. Maybe I'll not need to find out if I go to the big chute:face-icon-small-hap

O.B.

Lifetime Membership
Mar 24, 2008
missoula mt
After watching that video. I not that something has to be done to the rear skid. Was wondering if any of you have ran the ovs wheelie control kit. Just want get by till after the hoidays till I can get my k mod. After riding the yamaha till I got a diffrent skid. It sucked wheelie like that. Thanx guys

J
Nov 27, 2007
yes

Have you ridden a sled ever with 75+ true mph track speed in a steep climb?

Also I am not sure if they are riding the 290 superchute or the 260 pump gas superchute.

yes I have and cant wait for snow to ride again. i dont get my 1100 and bc till mid dec. so it wont be till jan but will be able to tell you all 3 as i still have my 290 apex and 270 nytro.
As for track speed it would be unfair to compare stated speed number from sleds, there are way to many variables. Snow conditions, hill slope, clutch temp, track and speedo acuracy all make a diff. Changing from a stock mav to ce will cost you 10mph 15 if its 16 wide. The new ce however will only cost you 5 in an apex and no change in a nytro. Not to mention I have had guys claim 55mph track speed from a polaris pro with a 3inch track...... that was pinned on long stretch of trail, just let it go.
sorry for the long winded answer, too much coffee, how useable the power is and ground speed are more important to me.. maybe I just need to go to utah for a ride.. julio

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Julio, we should meet up somewhere when there is enough snow. Id like to see the 270 nytro and 290 apex in action and compare to the EVO 275 BC and 290 SC. You are from Boise, right?

S
Apr 11, 2011
After watching that video. I not that something has to be done to the rear skid. Was wondering if any of you have ran the ovs wheelie control kit. Just want get by till after the hoidays till I can get my k mod. After riding the yamaha till I got a diffrent skid. It sucked wheelie like that. Thanx guys

I have the OVS wheelie kit on my 1100 162 with a 2.5 track, I just put the 275hp evo kit on mine and will be riding it next Friday and Saturday, I will have an answer for you then but my buddys 153 Proclimb 800 Turbo was a wheelie monster until he put that kit on and it brought it back to earth :face-icon-small-win!

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
O.B: I am running a BC 250 kit with intercooler fan, charge tubes, downpipe & can. I am also running the OVS wheelie coupler, as I had good luck with it on my previous M-series. The EVO kit works great, and the coupler is a significant difference. I weigh 240 with gear, and have the coupler set at position #3. My clutching consists of MDS weights, a Team Tied set up by Racin Station, and a Polaris gold spring. I ran this combo the past four days in Golden BC at approx 7000-9000', and am VERY impressed.
A BIG thanks to JustBoostIt, Jim @ EVO, and Eric @ Racin Station for helping this project come together - you guys rock!

B
Feb 11, 2008
Red Deer Area AB
I have heard nothing but good things about this set up, I have a boosted Polaris running 12 Ibs works awesome have had no issues, I now brought home a HCR 1100T rode it up the alley and into the shop, started the tear down last weekend back end is all done with bigger track, Iceage rails, my own custom tunnel and wide boards. waiting for justboostit to send me some SC goodies so I can get it done hoping to see parts this week. Im looking forward to riding this sled as they seem to work awesome. Thx for all the insight and direction on building these weapons of mass yammi destruction.....and thats a fact.....Jack.

BD

O.B.

Lifetime Membership
Mar 24, 2008
missoula mt
Thanx I will get one coming . Should be a great year for the 1100 with all these kits out there .

Premium Features