• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2012 1100T 162 ***671 lbs*** full of gas!

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
3 gallons more right?

Yup, M1100t = 10.6 gallons of gas
Nytro MTX SE 153 = 601lbs but only 7.4 gallons of gas

Gas = 6.175lbs per gallon 6.175 X 3.2 = 19.76

So...

601lbs + 19.76 = 620.76 to eliminate fuel capacity as a variable.

I have no idea what the 162 length of the Nytro weighs.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Guess what! Who Cares what it weighs. There were some guys who weighed a turbo nytro with lightweight front and rear suspension full of fuel ready to ride.
Copied from post:

2008 162" nytro mcx turbo, timbersled front and rear, lightweight seat.
657.4lbs.

IT doesn't really matter. The timbersled front and rear easily drop 20 lbs and the seat probally another 5. Minus the 20+lbs of gas. So that makes it 700lbs ready to ride without the lightweight parts and 10 gallons of fuel.

To that I say good job arctic cat!!!! I can drop 15lbs to bring it to the weight of a nytro the has $9000 worth of aftermarket parts on it.

And then the important thing it has better geometry! I will be interesting to see what skinz concept a-arms do for the nytro this year but they are another $900.

So in conclusion.

Cat:
Lighter
handles better
$800 to increase hp by 40.
Still smiling even though I am crabby that my sled is not here yet.

Can't compare this sled to a 2 stroke because it is not. If that is what you wanted should have bought a 2 stroke. I will compare it to the nytro because that is the the comparable sled.

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
I think I will be riding with the lighter 2 strokes! I see more lessons need to be learned. (already learned mine)

I learned my lesson as well...I've owned 4 two-strokes in the last 5 years and the combined mileage on ALL of them (prior to blowing up on me and ruining my trip(s)) is less than the mileage I put on my Nytro last year alone!

I've got zero loyalty to Yamaha but I'm 100% loyal to 4-strokes now. Operating cost is a LOT lower and maintenance cost is almost NULL. The 1100t is a winner in my book

4-strokes aren't for everyone, plain and simple, but it's the ONLY solution for me.

Last edited:
R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Not nocking the sled. Beautiful design and it will go. I was the same at 22 and 27 yrs old. Have fun boys, just don't expect the group to be around when you get burried in the deep. Seen it, done it. I have seen a many finally sell the heavy for the light. Even the biggest and the best get older and smarter. I got tired waisting my day and my back on someone elses decision. We went to 800 turbo. jmo

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Not nocking the sled. Beautiful design and it will go. I was the same at 22 and 27 yrs old. Have fun boys, just don't expect the group to be around when you get burried in the deep. Seen it, done it. I have seen a many finally sell the heavy for the light. Even the biggest and the best get older and smarter. I got tired waisting my day and my back on someone elses decision. We went to 800 turbo. jmo

What 700lb 4 strokes were around in the 1980's?? ;) jk
Maybe one day we will have our cake, and eat it too! Until then I refuse to consider a top end rebuild between 1500-2000 miles "preventative maintenance" haha!

Last edited:

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Guess what! Who Cares what it weighs.

LMAO

EVERYONE cares what they weigh. That is why these threads are so popular right now.

This will be my 10th season riding a 4 stroke mountain sled (12,000 plus miles) and I have been on this and other forums the whole time talking 4 stroke sleds. Every year all I heard was how heavy my Yamaha was, how I was an idiot for not riding a two stroke, there is no way to start it when the battery dies, blah, blah, blah, etc. etc. etc.

So now that AC has a 4 stroke that weighs more than a Yamaha, and this season weight doesn't matter? You guys are nuts.

Take off the green blinders, I have my blue ones off. Weight does matter - I was hoping the cat would be 30 lbs lighter than my Yamaha so that Yamaha would try to shed some more weight. I guess we'll have to wait for Doo or Poo to put out a lightweight 4 stroke.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
LMAO

EVERYONE cares what they weigh. That is why these threads are so popular right now.

This will be my 10th season riding a 4 stroke mountain sled (12,000 plus miles) and I have been on this and other forums the whole time talking 4 stroke sleds. Every year all I heard was how heavy my Yamaha was, how I was an idiot for not riding a two stroke, there is no way to start it when the battery dies, blah, blah, blah, etc. etc. etc.

So now that AC has a 4 stroke that weighs more than a Yamaha, and this season weight doesn't matter? You guys are nuts.

Take off the green blinders, I have my blue ones off. Weight does matter - I was hoping the cat would be 30 lbs lighter than my Yamaha so that Yamaha would try to shed some more weight. I guess we'll have to wait for Doo or Poo to put out a lightweight 4 stroke.

He guess what. . . I have been riding a yamaha turbo the past two years. . .

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
And you are OK upgrading to a heavier sled?

Read my post above. . . This sled is not heavier. . . MCX nytro with timbersled skid and front suspension and lightweight seat ready to ride is 657lbs. Cat is 663 according the the rtr sticker on the tunnel. . . You can be sure this is a certified weight.

All I am saying is I am confident that better geometry then the nytro has with even the same weight will be great. I will be more tired at the end of the day but my smile on my face will be worth it.

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
What 700lb 4 strokes were around in the 1980's?? ;) jk
Maybe one day we will have our cake, and eat it too! Until then I refuse to consider a top end rebuild between 1500-2000 miles "preventative maintenance" haha!

The point was weight, not 4 strokes. And yes we had 670 lbs sleds until we got smarter. Do your research on when the first high hp turbos came out. They were not just invented. We ran a 120 hp 440 ice racer in the 80s and won because of power to weight. Have you learned about power to weight yet?:face-icon-small-win

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
The point was weight, not 4 strokes. And yes we had 670 lbs sleds until we got smarter. Do your research on when the first high hp turbos came out. They were not just invented. We ran a 120 hp 440 ice racer in the 80s and won because of power to weight. Have you learned about power to weight yet?:face-icon-small-win

Beleive it or not it is not a race. . . Or a competition. I will ride what I like. And I like thumpers. And thumpers without turbos are not good in the mountains. . So I will take a turbo with mine. . . Even if it means it is going to be 650lbs. I am not worried about the weight. . . believe it or not. . .

Premium Features