• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Z1 Turbo

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
you know I put this in the m-series section like an idiot, but is anyone doing a sweet z1 turbo long track build? I know they are claiming 180 out of the box, and speedwerx had something in line to push that beyond that, but has anyone done the long track kit? Work well? You get a feel for the power/weight? Will it compete with a yami? Just curious... thanks guys..

E

EEEK FACTOR

Nov 26, 2007
Kevin from mountain magic in preston has one with a 162' and its for sale $11,000 I think dont quote me. He rode it in mountain mod mania 7(sounds like a helicopter). He would be able to answer all your questions. He did tell me that you can turn it up to 280 hp just by playing with the boondocker box. Hes the moderator for this forum, you can pm him at "mmsports"

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Z1 162

attachment.php

CR Racing

attachment.php

Dealer in Canada
attachment.php

C

cats4me

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 20, 2008
Cut Bank, MT.
z1turbo ext

I just finally got my turbo ext in at the local dealer, Arctic Cat Mountain. I am putting the 162 powerclaw and the fox floats on the front. I have the d&d hijacker box and clutch kit, but have not received a good answer for the helix yet. I am going to run the box at 220, with 30 hp on the button. I am using the speedwerx can, along with a lot of frogskin to keep the heat out. Hoping to have it out on the mountain next week, as long as my extension kit doesn't keep getting backordered like it has been. The front end "feels" lighter than my apex when I pick it up, but haven't had a chance to weigh them at the same time, though. I sure hope it's lighter than my yammie!!!!!!

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I just finally got my turbo ext in at the local dealer, Arctic Cat Mountain. I am putting the 162 powerclaw and the fox floats on the front. I have the d&d hijacker box and clutch kit, but have not received a good answer for the helix yet. I am going to run the box at 220, with 30 hp on the button. I am using the speedwerx can, along with a lot of frogskin to keep the heat out. Hoping to have it out on the mountain next week, as long as my extension kit doesn't keep getting backordered like it has been. The front end "feels" lighter than my apex when I pick it up, but haven't had a chance to weigh them at the same time, though. I sure hope it's lighter than my yammie!!!!!!

Be sure to follow up with a weight and your riding impressions.

C

cats4me

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 20, 2008
Cut Bank, MT.
gear change

I am using the adjustable weights from d&d. What gearing would you recomend,Kevin? Thanks How did you like the one you built last year?

M

modboy

Nov 27, 2007
I also have one that chad put a 162 tunnel on last year for me.I rode it about 500 miles with the hijacker box and stock clutching.It has a 162 by 2.5 track with a 2009 m1000 rear skid.I just finished putting a new 2860 turbo,new intercooler different charge tube with extra injectores and air intake.Now have addjustable d&d weights.PLanning on riding tommorrow.we will see what blows up I guess.

C

cats4me

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 20, 2008
Cut Bank, MT.
still waiting for my track kit---- still backordered a month later. I was hoping to have a ride impression comparing to my tapex by now, but will have to wait.

C

cats4me

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 20, 2008
Cut Bank, MT.
162" z1 turbo ext

Okay---everything is finally coming together. I added the 162 powerclaw, speedwerx muffler, and the hijacker. It is 14 pounds lighter than my apex with a lightweight exhaust, billet everything including chaincase, and a 174x16x3" challenger extreme. The cat rides better, and is a LOT slimmer in the middle by the tank. The hijacker set on 230 with 30 on the button is awesome. I am VERY happy with it, and hope that cat makes it into a mountain sled so the rest of us don't have to. The motor is simply awesome!!!!!!!!! It sure sounds gay with the stock muffler, though!!!!!!!!

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
does someone have a weight or do i want to know if you get it stuck do you just leave it till spring

Premium Features