• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does oil matter with Boondocker Auto Sidekick Turbo?

N

nort10

Oct 8, 2010
Lolo, MT
Like the title says, does it matter what oil you use? I like to use Legend ZX-2SR in all my sleds and I just purchased a left over 2018 163 Axys, I'm putting on the the Boondocker Auto Sidekick and I'm wondering is it alright to use this oil with a turbo?

zecow224

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2018
Wisconsin
I have been wondering this as well as Boondocker sells there own oil for the sidekick sleds. I just picked up a second hand m8000 with a sidekick and was curious if I can just run amsoil or if I will need to look into other options.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Yes, oil matters because it's freakin' expensive! Other than that, don't sweat it. Any full synthetic brand name will work. Mix and match for interesting colors, it doesn't matter. Get yourself Mystic JT-4 at Fleet Farm for $24 all day long, sometimes on sale for less. Better than most.

Let the debate begin.....

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
you guys talking 2 stroke oil or 4 stroke oil in the res for the turbo's? I know my kit they were running 2 stroke oil... works just fine it seems!.

zecow224

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2018
Wisconsin
your running right off stock oil reservoir correct??

Its a tunnel dump so it has the Boondocker aluminum oil tank currently, but the tabs on that broke and its currently being held on by zip ties... so I have a bdx lightweight chaincase cover and oil tank that it will be receiving.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I would skip the oil tank/res at this point and go to the dead end oiler. That way all you need is factory tank.

There are arguments to keep the tank. 90% of people do not benefit from the tank.

Ult680

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Ada, MI
I’ve run Legend on my 14 & 18 t-pros with no issues....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features