• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker Pump Gas Install Questions

K
Sep 30, 2009
Thanks for the reply MM. On the Pipe I was talking about the other end, where it hooks to the turbo. As far as your connectors I have not had very good luck with the ones you show as they have cut part of the wire and there is no way to keep moisture out (shrink tubing). Is there a better place to get oil pump power than the fuel lead??? Thank You

Don't shoot me if Im wrong, but wouldnt it be a good idea to have it connected to the fuel lead? That way if you blow a fuse, or something happens, your sled shuts right down instead of still running and not knowing that your oil pump has shut off. I have heard of this happening to guys before. By the time you hear that there is something wrong, you might have siezed the bearing in the turbo. That and I think its one of the only D/C power points :face-icon-small-con

M
Nov 26, 2007
Cranbrook B.C.
one good tip - anywhere wires run near or on sharp metal edges, take some rubber hose and cut it down the center, then slide it onto the sharp edges. also if using the new 4 spring setup on the pipe, those springs have alot of tension so put some silicone on the springs so they wont break later.

S

Snowjunky

Jan 19, 2008
Loveland,Colorado
Thanks for all the responses. My kit still sits on the living room floor and now familyu is here so maybe I will get it started sunday. Saturday if I dont go ride. The sled rocks NA so turbo action will be off the hook. The wiring advice was well noted. We had a small delay last week when my partner raised his bars and the control box shut down. Probably a loose connector some fiddeling and she fired back up. So hose wraps on wires and good connectors a must. He also got one of the new turbo pipes and is gonna let me use his old turbo pipe so I dont even have to weld now .It will go quick im sure

Premium Features