• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP leaking oil? Help.

C
Dec 24, 2007
Hey guys, today I moved my sled that has been sitting since July and there is a pretty big oil spot? you can see in the photos its dripping out from near the cooler. I cant see much oil around the engine bay. Not sure if its just oil that leaked while the sled was flipped over. what do you guys think?

IMG_3611.jpg IMG_3615.jpg IMG_3613.jpg

C
Dec 24, 2007
is the res easy to take out? theres no oil in the engine on 2 strokes correct? So its gotta be from the reservoir to the mixture spot?

F
Nov 26, 2007
Could just be the oil gathered from the season from laying it over and from the tank overflow and what slobers out of the exhaust up front.:rain:

I

Impatientforsnow

Nov 29, 2007
Gods Country
does it smell like 90 weight oil?? could definatly be the chain case .. bolt might be backing out and wearing a hole in the cover ?? just a shot in the dark:face-icon-small-dis

C
Dec 24, 2007
I will try and get to my res this weekend and let you guys know. I looked around my chaincase and didnt see any leaks. thanks for the advice.

C

cog

Dec 7, 2007
Mine leaked where the injection return tube attached at the reservoir, I cut off one inch of tubing and replaced the single clamp with two, I figured this out because it only leaked when the reserve was full.

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
Mine had a split line all the way down in the bottom rear of the engine compartment where it ran to the block from the pump..it must of dripped only a drop or two a day as it'd take a week or so before I'd see something on the floor undeneath it. . . kind of a pain in the butt to get to but I learned a little more about my machine when I had to tear it down that time. . .

xp oil leak.jpg

Premium Features