• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 Rmk photo build

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
I am going to start posting pics next week of my 2008 RMk that I have been building this summer. So far here is a small list of the things that have been done or ordered for the sled.
Semi complete dismantle of sled so parts could be powdercoated, and tunnel painted to match. MOd Rod's vent kits (multiple vents) custom riser block with guages & powedercoating of it. Turbo to be installed later this fall (highmark brand). This is my firat attempt at a Mod build on a small scale so I would like your input on what you guys out there think of the set-up and design,color scheme.
thanks for looking and hope to get pictures posted by mid next week.

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
Black hood & powedercoated parts

some of the powdercoated rear suspension parts and the newly painted hood. Have 4 piece ModRod hood vent kit (black with orange mesh)

sled 008.jpg sled 007.jpg

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
A free-bee recommendation would be to relocate the drain hole in the air box behind the headlight to keep moisture from dripping directly into your exhaust valve. You can see the rusty water that is coming out of your power valve (left side in pic) caused by this perfect alignment. All you need is a dab of silicone and re-drill the hole to the side.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
look sweeet! cant wait to see it all come together with that color combo its gonna be sick! i would recommend having your secondary re-balanced now with the powder coated outer sheave though... powder coat isnt super heavy but may be enough to throw your clutch out of balance. SICK BUILD! keep the pics coming

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
LOVE the red tunnel man...will look killer with the black for sure...

do you do the powder coating yourself??? (the small parts)

ill keep postd for sure...love to see what everyone comes up with...

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Very nice job for sure...You have great attention to detal... the color is great... no loosing you in a white-out!!

I take it is a carbed 600??

What are you planning on running for suspensions??

IMO... Run more rivets on the better boards... one for each rung like in the fwd section.

Keep up the good work and keep us in the loop!!

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
Thanks for all encouraging words guys! MH its bright as hell isn't it. It is a carb style that i'm putting a highmark turbo on this fall with the help of outlaw addict and his friend rob. wanted something that people will remember seeing, hard to believe this was a rental sled out west 1 1/2 years ago. has 8600 miles on the motor so have some work to do before turbo goes on it.

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
Hey guidoexpress, the tunnel looks red in the pictures but it is a brite safety cone orange in the daylight. i had Modrods make me a custom orange vent kits to match the powdercoating color. i have a local guy that powdercoats at night as a side business. he does great work for the price. got the black pieces done now but waiting on the orange rails and steering hoop and front A-arms to get done.
I will do vent kits this week and post pics of the hood and side/foot well vents and shock tower vents.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Looking good.... keep moving, Rob will need plenty of time to do all the motor work and turbo install...

are you doing any other vents? the more vents the better with the turbine...

Last edited:
C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
I have 4 vents for the hood, 2 vents for the side panels, 2 vents in the shock tower wells, and 2 vents in the knee area. i'm thinking that should be enough vents to keep things cool. i got modrods to make me an orange set of vents to match the sled.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Oh that is starting to look GOOD! Hey did you end up with our new super strong chromoly Better Bars for that project? Can't remember but I hope so as money well spent!

Are you going to upgrade your plastic to 09 style? That might be a good idea since you are making such a killer sled...might as well take it all the way!

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
F-bomb, going to leave the plastic the same for this year and see how it handles with the turbo added, then will change it to the new style next year if i don't find a tree first. I let the guys i ride with take it out west each year for a back up sled. so someone might find wood first. when i get the side panels and hood on i will pull it out into the sun and get some more pics as a whole, until then i will post things as they get done.

thanks North for the comments, may take it to walker,mn to ride this year if i get time.

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
so much for getting sled back together this holiday weekend. Powbercoated called and lost his relay for controlling oven temp so parts won't be done until end of next week. then i can post more pics then.
keep checking back for more posts

Premium Features