• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The one issue on the 18 early release

K

K2

Dec 5, 2011
Anchorage AK
The only issue I have found so far! There's no way to adjust the air in front shocks the plastics are in the way of shraider valve no way to get on unless shocks taken out or flipped over to valves on bottom! Anyone else get there's yet and find this issue ?? View attachment 280867
If there's enough room on the backside of the plastic to hit it with a heat gun on the frontside that might buy enough room.

I did that to my '11 M8 to get clearance for the remote reservoirs on my Raptor coil overs per Jakes install instructions, worked like a charm.
I warmed up the area and used the butt-end of my shot filled mallet as the press ..

Attachments

• IMGP1034.jpg
    IMGP1034.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 76

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
The air valve for the front shocks is a problem. I wouldn't try to get the hose on unless you have help. I tried to do it myself every way possible including lifting the front of the sled off the ground. I had to have my significant other come out and hold a pry bar while the front end is off the ground in order to get the hose on. You will strip the threads on the pump or valve if you don't do it this way. I do like the idea of a heat gun and reshaping the plastic if that is possible. The other biggest thing that I don't like is trying to get the gas cap off. The first time I filled I thought I must have put it on too tight so the second time I just put it on so it was just snug and there is no way to get it off while wearing gloves. I had to take my gloves off and use my fingers as pry bars to get it to budge. There is not any room in there around the gas cap with the new plastics. That is one thing I will deal with though to have the new plastics!! The new sled is absolutely amazing!!

Premium Features