• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 M8 with lots of mods and a turbo

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
More to update.

Reduced the preload on the ez ryde. Much nicer, but it's a wheelie monster. I've got to work on the front of the skid to see what can be done to keep the front down without tightening up the back so much that it quits handling well.

I finally got around to installing the intercooler. With my older air box it wouldn't plumb in cleanly, so I cut off the inlet and outlet. I welded on some bends so that it would work better with the existing charge tube and and air box. Now I can go back and forth from intercooled to not with a change of two elbows and about 20 minutes of time.

I have also updated the turbo. The boys from OVS took an interest in my homely little project. We are running an experimental turbo that they may start using in their M8s. It's really quick to spool and needs huge weights to to pull the motor down. Now my wheelie problem is really intensified!

Dang the bad luck!:face-icon-small-ton

C

clay hale

Dec 6, 2007
More to update.

Reduced the preload on the ez ryde. Much nicer, but it's a wheelie monster. I've got to work on the front of the skid to see what can be done to keep the front down without tightening up the back so much that it quits handling well.

I finally got around to installing the intercooler. With my older air box it wouldn't plumb in cleanly, so I cut off the inlet and outlet. I welded on some bends so that it would work better with the existing charge tube and and air box. Now I can go back and forth from intercooled to not with a change of two elbows and about 20 minutes of time.

I have also updated the turbo. The boys from OVS took an interest in my homely little project. We are running an experimental turbo that they may start using in their M8s. It's really quick to spool and needs huge weights to to pull the motor down. Now my wheelie problem is really intensified!

Dang the bad luck!:face-icon-small-ton
hey tony sorry to see you leave the carbed world behind some of us may never step over there. you built a sweet new sled . you cant go wrong with ovs good luck

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
hey tony sorry to see you leave the carbed world behind some of us may never step over there. you built a sweet new sled . you cant go wrong with ovs good luck

Thanks for the kind words, Clay.

Oh don't worry, I am just continuing my turbo education at this time. I still want to go back to the Cutler motor and carbs. I think there is a ton of crazy crazy potential. I have some ideas now that I'm starting to better understand the pressure signals, fuel circuits and how to manipulate them.

Right now, I am in awe and my fuel distributor is crying because I have been riding for a lot longer on way less fuel. The OVS boys have been a great help "schoolin me" on certain aspects of this project. They shake their heads on other aspects.........LOL

It is running absolutely scary. My biggest problem right now is the wheelies. I don't understand how it can go so fast with 2ft of air under the skis..........crazy man, crazy.

Premium Features