• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Issues with headlight delete

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Just curious if anyone has seen any issues with voltage regulators going bad on the axys sleds due to headlight being removed? Like the late pro chassis had

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I ran without mine for about 10 hours is all this spring, no issues, obviously not a long term usage but it doesn't instantly grenade. Being LED now they should result in far less change in draw then the old lights.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I deleted my headlight last season. I did some research and found a connector that is direct plug-in to wire up a resistor to scrub off that excess power. Is it necessary to install a resistor, maybe/maybe not, but I went with better safe than sorry. I ran one wire from the low beam circuit down to where the hood harness connector is, installed a weather proof connector (so I can take the hood off), then ran ran the wire over to the metal plate behind the secondary clutch (the resistor needs to be installed on metal to help dissipate the heat it generates. Riveted the the resistor on the back side of the metal plate, soldered the wires and used a a bit of heat shrink to help protect the connections from moisture.

The resistor is 2 Ohm 100W and can be found on Amazon or eBay.

Anyway here's my post with the connector info:

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430757&highlight=Delete

Last edited:
Premium Features