• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Running Boards for keeping snow off?

Mr. Pump Gas

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
Thinking about trying a set of B & M Fab. Any feedback on pros/cons of different board options you have tried is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Love my B&M boards! Ran Skinz for years and once I went B&M I never looked back... You will not be disappointed in them! Only boards that raise the toe hook to keep you from having ankle or knee injuries caused by you foot getting caught in the small stock toe hold.

Last edited:

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
I got the skinz shorty boards and im never gonna run them again.

Horrible matte paint that snow/ice sticks onto.
Fitment was also like the rest of my experience with skinz. Pretty shiet!!

Only positive thing is their plastic "cleats" that is better then coldkutters.

P
Jun 29, 2008
Freeborn, MN
I also have the Skinz Shorty boards on my '16, and after having B&Ms on my '11 I would go back to B&M in a HEARTBEAT. The snow sticks to the Matte really bad on the Skinz boards. I don't know how Skinz let these boards out with this finish on them, the solution is to strip them and powdercoat them in a gloss finish. I wasn't happy with how the rear mounting of the boards fit up to the rear suspension brackets (and I saw at least 3 more sets that didn't line up worth a damn there either). The plastic cleats are nice for giving a nice color contrast and seem like not a ton of snow builds up on the cleats. The Traction screws are so hard on your boots but with how much I have to kick my matte Skinz to get the snow off I would say there isn't much difference in boot destruction.

Chad

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
This is like asking what flavor ice cream do you like best!!! IMO I think that the stock Axys boards (Burandt) are great for shedding snow but will hang your foot if not careful how you ride them! I put the Everett Ankle savers on my sled and the best of all worlds IMO only!

gtwith in wyoming

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I am in favor with the B&M boards.. Dependant where you desire to place your screws, is how much they chew on your boots.. AKFULLTHROTTLE had a great placement pattern that he shared with me on my install, and it works great!!

Snow shedding on the B&M is not 100% but 100% better then the stock or the Burandt boards I had prior.. ( Same FLAT pattern as stock just a bit thicker-and still a toe grabber to get you hung up on :( )

I went with the semi gloss on 1 of my 2 sleds- and flat on the other, and the semi seems to shed better that the flat coating..FWIW.

Last edited:

blacklabel28

Premium Member
Jan 17, 2015
Keystone Co
18553751_10213242856169179_131995581_o.jpg

Just got some b and m' s on my sled :face-icon-small-coo

Ak, do you mind directing me to that traction pattern, thanks

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Man! Thanks guys! Love the kind words. As far as screw placement, we send a 100 with but on an axys you only need 25 per side. The pictures on our site only have 25 in each board as well. They are hard on boots but offer the traction we are after.

Bryan

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Premium Features