• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help confirm this Sprint's year

H
Jan 26, 2016
I purchased 2 Polaris sleds for $200 for a project this summer. My first snowmobiles. See how I like them and if I want to invest more $$$ for something better later.

Anyways, one is a Sprint with no paperwork. Owner said it's an 85. The identification sticker is warn and I can only get the Serial/VIN from it, 1517226. The model and date info is damaged.

I downloaded a 1985-1995 service manual which lists all years and models with specs. There was no Sprint in 85 though, they started in 86.

It's twin cylinder, mono leaf front suspension, mechanical brake, only a tach. There looks to be starter solenoid (not hooked up) and a tray for a battery. The shell has an "Electric Start" badge. PO said it never had electric start and I don't see a starter motor. Don't know if there was some part swapping or something. Thing is, the service manual says the ES comes with speedo standard, but it only has a tach.

Hoping if someone can confirm what year this is, and if it is an ES or not.

TIA!

20160126_111125.jpg 20160126_110924.jpg 20160126_110639.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features