• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best can for 2016 Axys with Tri-City clutch kit?

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Hi Guys,
I have a 2016 Axys 155 that is basically totally stock except for a Tri-City clutch kit.

I've decided that this fall I will be getting an aftermarket can for one reason and one reason only - I need to make room to put a goggle defogger bag.

Losing weight, great, that's fine, loud can, quiet can, I don't really care. More than anything I don't want it to screw up the already good thing Polaris has going. I don't want to put a can on and then suddenly find I can't hold RPMs or my sled isn't as reliable or any other of a million things that can/could go wrong.

So with that said, what is the best aftermarket can out there for just not screwing things up?

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
See this link: https://www.gobigparts.com/Snowmobile-Products/Engine/Silencers/Silencers-for-Polaris/

We are a sponsor on the site and sell a lot of different brand silencers for a good price. Here is a quick run down of my favorites.

GGB: The lightest and smallest. I saved a lot of space under the hood and lost 15lbs by installing this one on my Axys. I will worn you the mtn version is loud. These are flow tested and will not throw any codes which is probably seems to be the case with the other 2 listed below.

SLP: Super quiet but a little bigger than most. But you get a better sound at close to stock DB's which makes this one real popular.

Straightline: It is a touch larger than the GGB but much smaller than the SLP. DB's is somewhere between the GGB Trail and the SLP. Nice piece.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
I like the HPS .. Has no issues with RPM , not loud at all !! Few have said the exit is oversized for a stock bore but mine has run perfect since new, now has 1600 miles.

SLP falls apart inside ( I didn't believe it till I had warranty on two , and bought a third !! ) All of Them !

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Hi Guys,
I have a 2016 Axys 155 that is basically totally stock except for a Tri-City clutch kit.

I've decided that this fall I will be getting an aftermarket can for one reason and one reason only - I need to make room to put a goggle defogger bag.

Losing weight, great, that's fine, loud can, quiet can, I don't really care. More than anything I don't want it to screw up the already good thing Polaris has going. I don't want to put a can on and then suddenly find I can't hold RPMs or my sled isn't as reliable or any other of a million things that can/could go wrong.

So with that said, what is the best aftermarket can out there for just not screwing things up?

Slp.

SLP

Premium Member
Hey guys, just thought I would add some information on our silencers for the upcoming snow season as I can see there is some misinformation floating around about our silencers on this thread.

Our silencers on the Axys work awesome. We not only flow test, but also dyno tune them to make sure you get the most performance you can out of your sled.

-Killer Time- I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble with our silencers on your sled. That is not anywhere near typical. We build all of our silencers here in Idaho and take pride in the fact that they are US built. They are very durable and we have a very low warranty percentage.

This year we are offering 3 different silencer options for the Axys:

Standard Silencer - This one is the quietest performance silencer you will find (Part#09-319). It is 11.5 lbs lighter than stock and adds a couple hp.

Muffpot/Hotdogger Mount Style - This silencer has the same specifications as the standard SLP silencer, but has an integrated cooker mount (Part#09-322)

Competition Series "Ultra-Lite" Style - New for this season, this smaller-bodied silencer is a little bit lighter weight (total weight savings of 13.5 lbs) and a little bit louder (Part#09-324)

If you are looking for more performance, upgrade to the complete SLP pipe set.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Hey guys, just thought I would add some information on our silencers for the upcoming snow season as I can see there is some misinformation floating around about our silencers on this thread.

Our silencers on the Axys work awesome. We not only flow test, but also dyno tune them to make sure you get the most performance you can out of your sled.

-Killer Time- I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble with our silencers on your sled. That is not anywhere near typical. We build all of our silencers here in Idaho and take pride in the fact that they are US built. They are very durable and we have a very low warranty percentage.

Standard Silencer - This one is the quietest performance silencer you will find (Part#09-319). It is 11.5 lbs lighter than stock and adds a couple hp.

Muffpot/Hotdogger Mount Style - This silencer has the same specifications as the standard SLP silencer, but has an integrated cooker mount (Part#09-322)

Competition Series "Ultra-Lite" Style - New for this season, this smaller-bodied silencer is a little bit lighter weight (total weight savings of 13.5 lbs) and a little bit louder (Part#09-324)

Will your stage kits work with the new silencer?

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA

Thanks much for the info. I like the idea of the competition series. Any idea how much louder is "a little bit louder"? I gotta be careful, there are hippies everywhere here in SLC.

Premium Features