• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

jumping an axys pro

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
So I was wondering who else jumps or drops with their axys pro. I do 70% tree riding, 20% drops/jumps and 10% hill climbs so that is why I went with the pro. If my groups were more into jumping it would be a different story. So what I am looking for is any necessary mods as far as bracing, etc etc to add. Only mods I have so far

Raptor shocks all around
Kmod 37 a arms set to 38" wide and sway bar left it.

love the sled just want to make sure it can handle what I want to throw at it.

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
Haha well that is the goal. I probably shouldn't be concerned with the jumping as I have already rolled my 200 mile sled into about 4 trees

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
The weird little tabs they use to mount the a-arms broke on me.. I wasn't even riding hard..

The rails are weak, and so is the carbon fiber over-structure.

I honestly can't imagine this chassis holding up to jumping, although a lot of guys do it.

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
picture.php

this is all I have for a picture on my computer. Nothing too crazy. Id say 80 to 100 footers at the very maximum.

ya I broke the carbon over structure on my 15 pro, wasn't sure if that was from a tree I hit or what. Hard to justify a freeride or something when I ride so much trees and love how the sled does in that environment

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Hitting all the fun jumps up in Cooke I see.

The axys doesn't necessarily break in any specific spots, more or less an issue of they just wear out really fast from the hard impacts. There is minimal mounting of everything and all the rivets and hangers have a habit of getting sloppy and rivets getting loose. If you have good shocks that helps a ton since the landings are less jarring.

The only things I run with is a set of IceAge hillclimb braces and Elka stage 5 shocks. If you were up at Spring Sled fest up there you saw all the big jumps. Ive hit all of those hundreds of times this year and actually blown the bump stops out on the rails without bending or breaking anything. The braces definitely have saved me on some botched landings catching bomb holes in hard spring snow.

One word to the wise is grease the skid OFTEN. There is a lot of clearance between the shafts and arms and they blow the grease out pretty quick. More slop means more risk of things banging together and breaking. I try to grease mine every ride if I can or every other ride. Also helps make it that little bit smoother on the landings.

Also focusing on landing really smooth is key so your not yanking on things. Hitting the same one over and over and getting comfortable landing in a more aggressive forward stance and pushing into the landings. That squated leaned back landings are notorious for snapping off seat mounts and bending steering posts etc from getting slammed into. Also feels a lot better on the body.

17991851_1281587955281663_2307382990645366527_n.jpg

Last edited:

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
For sure, I'm usually pretty aggressive on my landing style like a dirtbike. That pic was the 1st time I launched that one and it sent me way more vertical than planned haha.

I missed sled fest but it looked like a blast. I talked to you last year at hay days about the snowbike. That 2016 sx120 I bought with the kx450f. Anyway I don't have a lot of jumping buddies, actually none. It would be cool to meet up with you next year and shred some jumps.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Come by and say hi again this year, we will have some specials on things there again and can help you get things dialed in!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
As for the Faux Carbon Fibre Front Overstructure

I re-tube the Front Over Structures with thin walled Titanium tubing. No more failures and only gains about 1/4 pound over the Faux Polaris Carbon Fiber (actually fiberglass with a cosmetic CF top layer). And still half the weight of the heavy all aluminum version. If interested PM me. All I need is a damaged one with good lugs.

I also buy cores (damaged ones with good lugs) for stock / resale.

Premium Features