• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

High elevation hesitation

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
I am having the same sort of problem. The deeper the snow the more bog. Rode one 2 foot plus day and it was hard to get the sled to rev up after stoping. It only happens after I stop. Once it revseems up it goes.
I have a slp can clutch weights and spring. For over 10,000 feet.

Have you sealed your exhaust pipe with rtv?

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
Yes I did. What would it affect if I didn't?
I see a lot of talk about moving relays what is going on there?

Carbon monoxide filling up the engine compartment in deep snow, especially when stopped for a while. It'll displace the oxygen you need for combustion.

Relays can get corroded from water intrusion if they're in factory location.

J
Dec 20, 2016
When I have been riding in deep snow I have just been cleaning off the vents for the engine intake because I thought that was the only or actually vents feeding the engine I thought the rest of the vents were cooling. Should I be cleaning off all my vents when I stopped in deep snow?
What relays should I move and where do I move them to?
Thank you for all your help! I am a little lost here it just a little frustrating when it is the best powder of your life and your brand new sled does not want to go?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Intake systems are not perfectly airtight under the hood. Rubber gasket on the can exit can be pretty loose. In deep snow, particularly with low ground speed but high rpms, exhaust gas out of the can gets blocked, and can be sucked up between the rubber gasket and can, and you'll bog from lack of clean air (rich bog). RTV the inside of the can/gasket minimize this.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I cant imagine underhood gasses would cause a problem. Even with a leak, 99% of the air would still be coming from the outside vents and inhaled into the engine. It might be good to take back to the dealer and have them dig a little deeper into this.

Premium Features