• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aro spindle

S

s.back

Jan 29, 2017
rohnert park, ca.
So after looking at a few pictures of the spindle on the ts website I found that the spindle has some sort of a brace. Thats not the spindle i got. You can see it in the picture. They new this was a problem but yet they sold us junk. They need to offer that kit as a spindle update kit. What is going on with ts.

spindle.xxs.jpg

AK1000

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Anchortown
Is that new or just pictures of the pre-production set up before the one we have now? Seems to be in some of the early pictures and reviews done last season.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
spindley

the holes drilled in the spindle are a good starting point depending on the bike you mount it on, all depends on model of bike/fork rake

if they build you an indestructible spindle, you will find you have destructible forks .........which do you want to buy

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
You do have a point , it's how the spindle has been mounted that is causing the damage .

S

s.back

Jan 29, 2017
rohnert park, ca.
the holes drilled in the spindle are a good starting point depending on the bike you mount it on, all depends on model of bike/fork rake

if they build you an indestructible spindle, you will find you have destructible forks .........which do you want to buy

I understand what saying. The problem is in the top part of the spindle, the bottom is the part that's suppose to fail under hard impact. Due to the top not being strong enough and becoming loose fit in holes it's causing a lot of shock throughout the spindle and causing them to fold up like a pizza box. I just want a fix for it and would be more than happy to pay for it.

S
Dec 7, 2015
I understand what saying. The problem is in the top part of the spindle, the bottom is the part that's suppose to fail under hard impact. Due to the top not being strong enough and becoming loose fit in holes it's causing a lot of shock throughout the spindle and causing them to fold up like a pizza box. I just want a fix for it and would be more than happy to pay for it.

I added some support to the top of my spindle by adding a spacer between the front of the clamps just like the rear. It was $12 from my dealer. I also added spacers made out of tubing that go between the unused holes just under the slots for the clamp. 5/8" tubing cut to length with 1/4 20 nut pressed in and welded.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I added some support to the top of my spindle by adding a spacer between the front of the clamps just like the rear. It was $12 from my dealer. I also added spacers made out of tubing that go between the unused holes just under the slots for the clamp. 5/8" tubing cut to length with 1/4 20 nut pressed in and welded.

Yep i did that before riding it.

dc988aca121cac07d089e1e9445c3a09.jpg

Well the two holes anyways.

SteepNdeep450

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2014
Bozeman, MT
They did what other companies like camso are doing, making the fit kits more simple. Spindle works on all bikes now not having other parts other than your clamps. The preproduction units would have had that other piece that bolted to it for different bikes.

While it does appear like they removed too much material on these new spindles its inevitable that something else is going to fail if they strengthen it up much more. On that note I have seen some guys buying an extra cross brace like the one on the back bolts and putting that on the front one as well. It's tough to find that happy medium between to much strength and not enough.

I see someone already recommended this now haha.

Last edited:
P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
A person can be pissed at Polaris for the spindle being on the weak side, or you can see this as you have an option, to beef the heck out of the spindle, and then, if your forks snap in two, its all on you!

M
Oct 26, 2014
plus.google.com
That's the issue. If you don't beef up the mounting the forks move in the clamps pinching the lower tubes. Timbersled had it right. Polaris does not. The new spindle is not an improvement IMO.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC

I have never heard of broken forks with the solid snowtech spindle FYI. I hit a LOT of rocks and crap too. Hit a rock so hard I slammed my chest/neck into the bars and was seeing stars for a bit. worn through ski all the way until I had holes and could see dirt. I think the stiff spindle helps keep the forks straight by keeping the mounting points rigid and in correct position. I don't think having a cheaply made spindle helps keep your forks intact.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Those tubes have to be as set as they are with a tire . They can't be flopping around like a limp noodle while the upper clamps have a death grip .

Don't these guys also produce a motorcycle ? No excuses

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Here ya go , it's a set back spindle to improve trail handling . If something like this can be mounted without ripping the tubes off than something is seriously wrong .

IMG_20180113_150652447_HDR.jpg

Premium Features