• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rpm loss

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
Hey all I am having an issue with loosing rpm at the top of a long pull. I am pulling 8100 rpm and when I get close to the end of my pull about 45 seconds it is dropping to 7200 rpm. The elevation was around 9000 ft and the sled is a 13 hcr 800 with full slp pipe and power commander running mds weights and a team tied setup with a tki belt drive any advice for me thanks?

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
I haven't had a problem like this with the mds before so I would imagine that something else is causing this

Betterview

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Central Minnesota
Hey all I am having an issue with loosing rpm at the top of a long pull. I am pulling 8100 rpm and when I get close to the end of my pull about 45 seconds it is dropping to 7200 rpm. The elevation was around 9000 ft and the sled is a 13 hcr 800 with full slp pipe and power commander running mds weights and a team tied setup with a tki belt drive any advice for me thanks?

First guess is the secondary has a wobble caused by a poor roller.
Can also be a tired spring in either clutch, a bad roller or loose weight in motor clutch, or a drive belt that has reached the end of its useful life.

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
Weights are too heavy that pipe likes to live 82-8400 rpm, lower then 8100 you lose power pretty fast, unless you're experiencing a mechanical issue with either belt or clutch as stated above

Last edited:
T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
So I went through my clutches and put a new belt on my sled was cutting out randomly today but would pull 8150 most of the day then it started dropping off to 7700 at the end. On the trail out it died on me and I found the primary stuck open from 1 weight hanging up I tapped it and it shut all the way I rode it out but it's looking like it's time for a new primary sled has 1100 miles on it

Premium Features