• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lesson Learned

K
Feb 10, 2009
I'm new to snowmobiling and last week I learned an important lesson. Always carry chains. We left out last Friday with great weather and a clear trail but by the time we got to Farmington canyon it was snowing hard. While towing my snowmobile up the trail my truck suddenly went from 4wd to 2wd. Needless to say, I'm on the side of the mountain and not going anywhere with two other trucks behind me. Luckily another guy in our group had chains and I was able to make it the rest of the way up the mountain in 2wd w/chains. Turned out to be the 4wd actuator that went bad, so it was an easy fix. Lesson--no matter what you drive or what the weather is when you leave out--be prepared for the wost. Lesson learned...

P

Powderdreams

Dec 9, 2007
Our lesson learned

Carry two spare tires for the trailer. Several of us went to Revy last week and played mix and match with tow vehicle and trailer. Ended up pulling the trailer with a vehicle lifted too high to see the trailer tires in the mirrors. Sunday night, 200 miles from home a passing motorist was waving like he was on fire so we stopped to check out things. Rear axle tire was shredded. We were glad to arrive home with out additional incident, but next trip I will throw another spare in the trailer.
Powderdreams

K
Feb 10, 2009
Glad to hear to got home ok. My trailer is tandem axle, so I can still keep going if I lost one. Hopefully I'll never need two spares. I'd have to pull the tires and head for the gas station.

Premium Features