• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTB Snow Hawk Ski

S

sc freeride

Dec 2, 2007
I'm looking for a ski for an '03 503 to replace the original. I haven't settled on the updated Hawk ski or the Simmons Gen II. Please let me know what you have or if there's a better or cheaper option.

Thanks

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
depends on what kind of conditions you ride in, hard packed trails you want a bovoin ski with the trail adapter, powder riding you want a simmons, or you can put a twinaxis off a stocker on a genII like i did so you have a good all around ski.

S

sc freeride

Dec 2, 2007
It sounds like the trail adapter would be a good setup for me, but I've found them to be a bit pricey, so I think I'll have to live without for now, unless I can find one used. I've read through the archives and it seems the Twin Axis might be my best option, now if I could just find a used one!

Thanks for the input!

B

bmiller

Nov 26, 2007
stuck in the flats of ND
Trail adapter idea and stock ski. Check picture.

Check this out! Warren on here made this. looks good and way cheaper. I have a ski that I would sell off an 05 600 hawk. Has snotracker and carbides, not sure if the twin axis mount in on it! $150 I think would be good, I believe the snotracker kits are over $100 alone.

Last edited:
trail adapter

Check this out! Warren on here made this. looks good and way cheaper. I have a ski that I would sell off an 05 600 hawk. Has snotracker and carbides, not sure if the twin axis mount in on it! $150 I think would be good, I believe the snotracker kits are over $100 alone.
This trail adapter that I made seems to work just fine and is holding up .It uses two 7/16 allen head grade 8 bolts threaded into the existing block so I can switch back if I like.

Premium Features