• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where do the hood cables mount to on an 06 IQ RMK?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I decided to ditch the POS SLP air intake and just go back to the stock one, but now that the front cooler has been removed and there isn't that plate there anymore I can't remember where the cables to hold the hood open mounted to.

Anyone happen to have a picture of this by chance?

P

polhiker

Nov 2, 2002
Chinook,montana
I did the same thing,but I put on a aftermarket bumper so i taped the bumper out,I think you are missing the flat filler piece that srews into the top of the nose,and that is where the srews mount.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
hiker is right..

the SLP removed the cover plate and made the hood mount to the airbox..the other mount holes are on the cover plate..

or an aftermarket bumper , hint hint, now that the front mount airbox is gone..;)

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
There's two holes on the plate between the pipe and the space in front of where the radiator was; the cables mounted to that.

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Dog,

If you do happen to put in an aftermarket bumper, I have noticed with the people using mine that sme have opted to leave out the seperator shelf plate where the cables used to mount and have drilled new small holes into the rails of the bumper and screwed them in there. :)

-T

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Slp

Whats wrong with the slp intake?

oh boy, haha..

luba, to put it simple and easy...some people have had luck with the intake no clogging, BUT if you ever ride in deep powder or boondock alot..you will stuff snow in the frontend of your "grill" and clog the air supply to your intake...the intake also draws air from the shock area, but if you ever see the polaris ads..that area is always clogged with snow as well..

so you will either get no air supply or hot engine air as a last resort..

any intake the mounts to the front of the sled is garbage..

go with Fire N Ice (best), stock, but gutted, (second) or the timbersled (last) no exceptions..

good luck!!

(p.s...i have the TCP intake, SLP bought the design and made the one you have, its just a bad..im just too broke to buy a FNI ;) )

B
Oct 5, 2008
I am actually about to do the same thing with my 900. Going to ditch the slp but since I got the sled with it I don't know how everything even looked to begin with or what has been taken off or needed to be replaced. So this should be fun.

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
I am actually about to do the same thing with my 900. Going to ditch the slp but since I got the sled with it I don't know how everything even looked to begin with or what has been taken off or needed to be replaced. So this should be fun.

You'll need to order a new stock boost box. Other than that you shouldn't have to reorder any stock parts to convert to a different air intake.

Good Luck!! :)
-T

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
hiker is right..

the SLP removed the cover plate and made the hood mount to the airbox..the other mount holes are on the cover plate..

or an aftermarket bumper , hint hint, now that the front mount airbox is gone..;)

of course a great and helpful thread..yes it was the "glove box" plate in front of the "radiator" can you use the sides of the bumper/mount area?
Or will it tilt to far? you could lengthen them if you had to.:confused:

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
of course a great and helpful thread..yes it was the "glove box" plate in front of the "radiator" can you use the sides of the bumper/mount area?
Or will it tilt to far? you could lengthen them if you had to.:confused:

Well, I had them "temporarily" set in one of the screw holes that the SLP intake was mounted to, but one of them spontaneously stripped.

I had some ties holding the hood to the lower point on the chassis but that was bending the hood and I didn't want to permanently warp the hood so I did this "Temporary" thing so I could work on the sled.

I don't know when I am gonna have enough money to do a bumper on this thing, I WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY overspent this month. Like to the point I might have overdrafted my account :eek:

But, the sled is pretty well RTR for this winter, got the new updated intake boots in ... not the prettiest cutting on them with respect to the V-Force reeds, but it'll have to work .... got the FBF cable in and everything appears to be adjusted right on that ... will fire it up tomorrow and check and see ...

I dunno, I was gonna try to take it out for a ride this weekend if my replacement boost box comes in, but it that doesn't come in I might just keep it in the garage and start tearing the front end apart .... I ordered shocks and spindles today.

Should be ready to ride by Jan 1 at the latest, which is fine because we still have zero snow around here :(

L
Dec 24, 2007
Bay City, Michigan
oh boy, haha..

luba, to put it simple and easy...some people have had luck with the intake no clogging, BUT if you ever ride in deep powder or boondock alot..you will stuff snow in the frontend of your "grill" and clog the air supply to your intake...the intake also draws air from the shock area, but if you ever see the polaris ads..that area is always clogged with snow as well..

so you will either get no air supply or hot engine air as a last resort..

any intake the mounts to the front of the sled is garbage..

go with Fire N Ice (best), stock, but gutted, (second) or the timbersled (last) no exceptions..

good luck!!

(p.s...i have the TCP intake, SLP bought the design and made the one you have, its just a bad..im just too broke to buy a FNI ;) )
OK I see what your saying. I am a flatlander who rides mostly trails and rivers and never had that problem with my slp intake. But I could see it as a problem for you mountain guys. Thanks.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Does anyone have a picture of where and how the stock hood cable setup is on a 900?

I just put a new boostbox on and I'm soaking the stock intake to get all the dust out of it right now ...

I have the hood just screwed into the plastic plate covering where the radiator used to be right now but I'm sure that isn't right.

Premium Features