• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 proclimb 800 antifreeze leak from center of belly pan(back half)

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Started the 800 the other day, let warm up to operating temp and noticed a leak from underneath belly pan, does not appear to be from over flow but I will not know until i pull the pan, I hope its a clamp or something fairly easy, Worst case would be the water pump, anyone else have a leak in this area, Thanks

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
Started the 800 the other day, let warm up to operating temp and noticed a leak from underneath belly pan, does not appear to be from over flow but I will not know until i pull the pan, I hope its a clamp or something fairly easy, Worst case would be the water pump, anyone else have a leak in this area, Thanks

my 2012 did that and my dealer said that is normal for the fall time on first fire up

eldereldo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2014

When mine did that, it was a crack in the heat exchanger.

eldereldo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2014
Did you hit something or was if fatigue at a weak point?

Dealer didn’t think it was an impact, just fatigue where the mount was. They were able to weld it with the exchanger still in the sled and it hasn’t leaked since.

W
Sep 26, 2014
I had a leak this year from what appeared to be a from rock or ice where the heat exchanger meets the cooler..small dent and a pin hole(leaking a small amount each day ...notice the coolant on my track when i was spinning it by hand to inspect the lugs/track condition. So I took out the suspension and track and found it. I removed the cooler and had it welded. What a job to get the cooler out....good luck.

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Pressurize the coolant system, blow a small amount of air in the overflow hose with the cap on. You will see the coolant level drop, i use an air compressor, it's only takes a small amount. This might be enough to find the leak. If its not a hose, loose clamp be sure to check the weep hole under the water pump. If it's coming from that you need new seals... $40 part and about 8 hours of work to pull the motor and reassemble. If it is coming from the weep hole dont ignore it, if it completely fails when you are riding all coolant will leak out, you will overheat and next thing you know pistons and jugs are wrecked.

B

Blueside

Nov 30, 2007
Kitimat BC
www.blueside.ca
Pressurize the coolant system, blow a small amount of air in the overflow hose with the cap on. You will see the coolant level drop, i use an air compressor, it's only takes a small amount. This might be enough to find the leak. If its not a hose, loose clamp be sure to check the weep hole under the water pump. If it's coming from that you need new seals... $40 part and about 8 hours of work to pull the motor and reassemble. If it is coming from the weep hole dont ignore it, if it completely fails when you are riding all coolant will leak out, you will overheat and next thing you know pistons and jugs are wrecked.
Second this. I just use a bicycle pump with a cone inflator adaptor to pressure mine up, you don't need much pressure 10 psi is plenty. My coolant bottle had split where the seam is, the dealer said it was super common.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Update

Went and started again the other day and placed several lights in engine compartment to see if I could see leak while running. Ran for several minutes until temp came up to operating. No leak anywhere that I could find. I think what happened was the last time I rode I rolled the sled a few time to get unstuck and I think some coolant came out the over flow and ran into a area in the gaps in the belly pan. Once running the vibration worked it out of a crevasse. The only thing I can think of. Coolant level is fine.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Coolant cap is pressurized (spring loaded).
Doesn't matter orientation, Takes 13-16lbs to open. Never had any sled leak antifreeze when rolling over or stuck upside down.
Now, i have had proclimbs leak due to the tabs on the cap bending and not sealing completely. Pair of channel locks can fix that quickly.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Went and started again the other day and placed several lights in engine compartment to see if I could see leak while running. Ran for several minutes until temp came up to operating. No leak anywhere that I could find. I think what happened was the last time I rode I rolled the sled a few time to get unstuck and I think some coolant came out the over flow and ran into a area in the gaps in the belly pan. Once running the vibration worked it out of a crevasse. The only thing I can think of. Coolant level is fine.

Your dealer was right, I would give each hose clamp a turn to make sure there tight. Over time with the heating and cooling and the clamp seating in the rubber it gets loose. While it may not leak while running it will when it sits and cools off. This will also happen when it sits for extended periods of time, as the cooling system is under constant pressure. Very common easy fix.

Premium Features