• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mirage Enclosed 110v Access

Y

youd47

Nov 27, 2007
Stanford, MT
I have a Mirage Extreme with the 110 v package, love the trailer so far but the electrical package is ridiculous. The package comes from the factory with a 30 amp cord rolled up inside with no access to the outside. DO THEY EXPECT ME TO JUST LEAVE A DOOR OPEN???? I can fit a extension cord through the front access door but I'm looking for a permanent solution.

Does anyone have pictures of what they've done.

I can't believe MIRAGE would consider that a complete package.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
there should be a little access hole close to where the fuse panel is located. just below the light is a cover(1/2 covered with snow) that is where you can route a power cord into the trailer. this is where they placed it on the trailer I used to have.

2motokit 008.jpg

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I have a Mirage Extreme with the 110 v package, love the trailer so far but the electrical package is ridiculous. The package comes from the factory with a 30 amp cord rolled up inside with no access to the outside. DO THEY EXPECT ME TO JUST LEAVE A DOOR OPEN???? I can fit a extension cord through the front access door but I'm looking for a permanent solution.

Does anyone have pictures of what they've done.

I can't believe MIRAGE would consider that a complete package.

I've had nothing but problems with my 2007 Mirage .... it's a POS and that's being nice about it.

Y

youd47

Nov 27, 2007
Stanford, MT
there should be a little access hole close to where the fuse panel is located. just below the light is a cover(1/2 covered with snow) that is where you can route a power cord into the trailer. this is where they placed it on the trailer I used to have.

I'll have to take a better look, but I don't think I have anything.

Toll

Premium Member
Oct 30, 2008
www.miragetrailers.com
Your Mirage!!!!

I've had nothing but problems with my 2007 Mirage .... it's a POS and that's being nice about it.

You've posted a few times that you are not satisfied and that you have had "nothing but problems". So far, I have not received anything from you. If your dealership hasn't or won't help you, at least give me the opportunity. Feel free to call me and email me a couple of pics. I would like to see if we can do anything for you.
Call (208) 461-7776 or email me at curtis@mirageinc.com.
Thanks Curtis

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
You've posted a few times that you are not satisfied and that you have had "nothing but problems". So far, I have not received anything from you. If your dealership hasn't or won't help you, at least give me the opportunity. Feel free to call me and email me a couple of pics. I would like to see if we can do anything for you.
Call (208) 461-7776 or email me at curtis@mirageinc.com.
Thanks Curtis

Hey Curtis, I just sold my mirage trailer. If I was to buy another trailer I would love to buy another Mirage. BUT, I would almost like to be there watching it being built to make sure I didn't have any issues like I did when I sent the trailer down to you to get fixed. I probably know of 5 trailers that had the same issue mine did, the header across the back broke right through on both sides and the back end of the trailer swaying like a mofo. is there a different method of doing this when your building trailers so you don't have these issues?? I would think that you having a bunch of trailers coming in for the same issues that Mirage would take a step back and redesign or redraw how things are being done so you don't have to take all these trailers back in to redo all this warranty work. Like I stated, this isn't a bash because I would love to buy another trailer. your trailers have some of the best features and finish that I have had, just the quality control and how they are built leaves something to be desired. I'm going to list below a couple of issues I had with my trailer just for future reference that you can look into to possibly keep an eye on. once again, not as a bash but to make a better trailer

1. I cut a hole in the wall to install a bigger furnace and some of the welds that I saw left me wondering what the rest of the trailer was like.

2. when I had another propane tank put on the trailer the shop that did the work called me and wanted to know if I wanted the onboard fuel tank rebolted to the frame as it was sitting on the axles. I told them it's supposed to be sitting above the axles, and when they told me the tank bolts had come out and it was actually sitting on the axles I was horrified. this trailer was only 7 months old at the time.

3. use a better insulation from the start. if the cost goes up more at the beginning, not a big deal. would be great to have more options. the insulation used is a basic insulation that didn't seem to retain heat as much as I would have liked

I was going to do a pm with these issues, but thought the way I wrote them that I'm not trashing Mirage because I will buy another one of their trailers when I do make the purchase again. but these are the issues I want looked after before I do make that purchase. just wanted Curtis's insight on what he thinks and if these problems need to be and can be rectified at factory while the trailers are being built.

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
get one of the 99 cent lamp extension cords at kmart---it should fit better so the door closes. might want to get a few spares also, and good insurance

omg....30 amp cord 120volts lets see thats 3600 watts run that through a $.99 lamp extension cord? really.....you think thats a good idea.

lets see you have a gasoline tank......flamable liquid
and a propane heater......................flamable gas

run a 18 gauge cord smashed in the bottom of the door with the potential of pulling 3600 watts through it......."get a spare cord for good insurance.".....YOU BETTER GET GOOD INSURANCE!!!!!!! thats a fricken time bomb!

will an insurance company pay out for stupid?

Y

youd47

Nov 27, 2007
Stanford, MT
get one of the 99 cent lamp extension cords at kmart---it should fit better so the door closes. might want to get a few spares also, and good insurance

I think I'll give that a try. Would it be okay if the trailer is hooked up to your truck for the first few trips? And I think I'll park my sleds outside.

Premium Features