• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Tether Connector for polaris harness, info on new connector

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Looks promising!

If they used Deutsch on the whole machine it would be awesome.........
No kidding, going from some unsealed cheap connectors to Deutsch.. Thats a huge jump.

IMO these are some of the best connectors you will find. Kudos to polaris for not using garbage unsealed connectors at least in this application! This will add some serious value to the sleds and hopefully keep sleds holding value longer as they aren't shorted out electrical gremlins after 1k miles.

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
I don´t know if that i the case still but Cats tether switches used to be normally closed and breaks the circuit when the tether is pulled. Polaris switches are the other way around, normally open and closes the circuit when pulled.

Great info, but this won’t prevent Cat guys from switching to these sealed connectors.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
I don´t know if that i the case still but Cats tether switches used to be normally closed and breaks the circuit when the tether is pulled. Polaris switches are the other way around, normally open and closes the circuit when pulled.

AC has used a normally open ignition since 1998.

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Nice! Love Deutsch style connectors. Use them in marine applications all the time.

C
Nov 22, 2017
Colorado
It is different. I just got mine today.

attachment.php

IMG_20180925_223807.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Premium Features