• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can I add a e start gear to a normal primary clutch

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Long story short I got screwed over on a trade and ended up without the proper primary clutch with a gear on the back for electric start

Has anyone added an electric start ring gear to the back of their non electric start primary clutch? Looking on the back it looks like there is holes for the gear but they were filled in in the factory to screw us over and make us have to buy a complete new clutch from them. Drilling and tapping an option or am I asking for trouble?

Sled a 2013 Pro Rmk

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
I think you're in trouble. That would be one heck of a balance after ring gear mounting.

I've been looking for ES for momma and been very picky, thinking I might have to bite the bullet and purchase kit from dealer.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I have a complete kit for sale, less battery. It came off my 2015 after one year of use. It comes with the clutch too. Shipping from Canada costs a bit more but with the currency exchange rate it would be worth it.

$520 CDN, would be $395 USD

Attachments

• Photo 2017-03-23, 6 26 26 PM.jpg
    Photo 2017-03-23, 6 26 26 PM.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I have a complete kit for sale, less battery. It came off my 2015 after one year of use. It comes with the clutch too. Shipping from Canada costs a bit more but with the currency exchange rate it would be worth it.

$520 CDN, would be $395 USD

Thanks but I already have the kit, just got screwed over by a guy and ended up without the clutch. Im in Canada as well if youd be willing to sell just the clutch?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Thanks but I already have the kit, just got screwed over by a guy and ended up without the clutch. Im in Canada as well if youd be willing to sell just the clutch?

Kit is sold, thanks Snowest. I might be able to find you a new clutch if you are interested? If so PM or email me.

Chris

chris@specified.ca

Last edited:
Premium Features