• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

props for TKI Tom Kobza Industries

skibumsd

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2008
I have a tki belt drive on my 14 m8000 and the speed sensor never worked since i installed it. Had it for 2 years and never could remember to call and ask them about it. Got around to it last week and with no hesitations he said he will send me a new updated cover no cost. This day and age its nice to have companies that stand by there product like this! And they are somewhat local for us out of billings MT. The belt drive has been awesome as well. 2 full seasons on a tubo sled and has worked flawless! If your looking for a belt drive give them a look for sure!

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I like them as well. I have a TKI MC belt drive on my 2015. I noticed when I was putting on the BM Skinny Boards a couple weeks ago that the plug with the sensor on my belt drive cover kept falling out of the hole. I kept putting it back in and wanted to glue it but, then I thought that would be a bad idea to have it glued if I ever want to take the cover off. Is this the speed sensor plug you were missing?

yz250_

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
Same here. I decided to change my gearing and he was going to exchange me gears for free. I just bought the new gear anyways to have both. Highly recommend their product. It is easier to have good service when you also make a good product that actually fits and performs as advertised.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Speaking of gears......I still have my 8 tooth drivers and Tom sent me the same gear ratio as the 2017 Mountain cat gearing (2.62). I have had the discussion of gearing up (to 2.52 or 2.42) with Tom a couple times and he always convinces me that I should just leave it alone because I have 8 tooth drivers. What is your experience in testing other gear ratios?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Speaking of gears......I still have my 8 tooth drivers and Tom sent me the same gear ratio as the 2017 Mountain cat gearing (2.62). I have had the discussion of gearing up (to 2.52 or 2.42) with Tom a couple times and he always convinces me that I should just leave it alone because I have 8 tooth drivers. What is your experience in testing other gear ratios?

I'm running 2.52 gears, 8T drivers, 162" 2.6" track, big bore, 9000'+ elevation, and close to 300lb geared up rider. I feel like it is a really good setup for that combination. If I was smaller or rode lower elevations more I might be able to get away with the 2.42. Add the extra grip of the 3" track and less power and I can understand staying with the 2.62 ratio. I know he generally recommends that with 3" tracks without big power adders. The couple 2016s I know of with 7T 2.33 gearing (close to 8T 2.62) 3" tracks work really well too.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I wanted to try 2.52 as well. I think that would be a 26 tooth upper if I am not mistaken. I ride a 153" at 4,000-7,000 foot elevation and the only power adders are a SLP single pipe kit and a SSI billet head and Rage cages. I guess I'd just like to try it to see if I like one better than the other.

skibumsd

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2008
the speed sensor and plug where all there. The new faceplate he sent me has a change in the mounting of the speed sensor he updated it i think. I am not sure what gear ratio i put in mine but i am running a turbo so that would be different anyways?

yz250_

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007

I was running the 25t and am switching to a 26t which is 2.42

Premium Features