• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone ridden the Sidewinder yet?

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
I've got about 12 miles on my btx. Put them on in October when we had a little dump. Not enuf to throw it around but was able to pound some tree lines. Power is extremely smooth. No noticeable lag. No turbo sounds to speak of. Suspensions soaked up anything I hit. Waiting for a track to show up and more snow in tech to take it on a trip and really test it out.

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
I've got about 12 miles on my btx. Put them on in October when we had a little dump. Not enuf to throw it around but was able to pound some tree lines. Power is extremely smooth. No noticeable lag. No turbo sounds to speak of. Suspensions soaked up anything I hit. Waiting for a track to show up and more snow in tech to take it on a trip and really test it out.

How's the steering compared to the Vipers since they changed it?

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
I had a 14 viper so the steering is the same. Never rode one with the flat turning so I can't compare it to the newer vipers

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
I now prefer the sweep steering. Much more comfortable and powerful than the flat steering. Im converting 2 custom sleds I have.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Red deer Alberta
Check out our report in the Snow and Mud forum under Snowmobile chat, me and 3 buddies rode the sidewinder for a full day on a Yamaha demo day and I think it is their best sled to date by far and I am not a yamaha guy by any means. I am Catman10 and my bud is Niner over there, we try to be as honest as possible I hope you enjoy.

MrSledhead

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2011
I now prefer the sweep steering. Much more comfortable and powerful than the flat steering. Im converting 2 custom sleds I have.

Hey Randy, do you have a parts list of what all it takes to change over? Coming off a doo to a Boost It viper I'm trying too enjoy the vertical post but feel I would like the lay down much more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V
Aug 9, 2010
Garbage the tripod get xtx steering post and a nstall riserthere
Is also a update to lower steering bracket get tha
As well

Premium Features