• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 RMK track change

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Hey guys, the 2019 production model RMKs will have the clips at the lugs. It will be important to use your scratchers when not in fresh snow to prevent heat transfer to the lugs. Also, I was told the SKS sleds will be fully clipped.

Thanks Matt, I guess I’ll finish the job and fully clip mine.

K

krillnecks

May 8, 2012
sweden
Hey guys, the 2019 production model RMKs will have the clips at the lugs. It will be important to use your scratchers when not in fresh snow to prevent heat transfer to the lugs. Also, I was told the SKS sleds will be fully clipped.

its it on both 2.6 and 3" track?

R
Feb 26, 2008
I have a 16 sitting here that I just realized has the lugs clipped. Never paid attention to it but we did get way better life out of it than the rest of the Axyss

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca

This statement says a lot. I had a conversation with a camso rep who told me that flat land riders that ride trail with deep lugged Polaris tracks actually have heated the lugs to a point they cook and crumble off. He said he has seen tracks that all outer lugs only were gone with centers in good condition.

So this may be Polaris's idea of not clipping the lugs. They may have thought that it reduces heat transfer to the lugs. In real life the rubber windows then gets rubbed on the hyfax and I doubt that stays cooler.

Bottom line is other manufactures have no issue when clipping the lugs so Polaris won't. Assuming guys ride in enough snow.

Premium Features