• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Section added???

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
can't we request a 850 section and if enough paying members want it then it is ! right ?

I was feeling the same way. Hopefully admin will survey the field here in this thread and make a decision on that. I got the feeling that "staffers" here were reluctant to add this in for us.

As of this post it's a 5 to 5 vote for adding it or not if you look as those who are for it in this thread.

As you can see it's pretty split down the middle just like when Scott brought this up awhile back for the "staffers" to discuss. LOL

Some agreed that it's needed like the 900 had it's own section and some say a new motor, electrical harness and front a-arms do not need their own section as it's still an AXYS.

As for me. I said we didn't need it as we typically don't break out the 600/800 sections. I worry more about where all the same item threads end up. Your going to end up with threads in both sections on the common items which is more of a pain to search then using the "850" tag in your searches IMO.

As far as the 900 Polaris section........Didn't that get it's own section after all the problems started occurring with that motor? I don't fully remember but maybe Scott or Eric do. If the motor starts to have a ton of problems then I would fully support a separate section. But were all going to hope that doesn't happen.

That's my opinion on the split......

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Funny, but every ride review posted or video I've seen on the 850 says it's a whole new class of Mtn sled.
Way better and different than the 800's they claim.
Handle so much better and easier.

I say let's give em a new section...

M
Dec 29, 2010
ND
give it a new section so the 800 h.o. and the 600 stuff does't get buried makes it a lot easier for everyone to search specific things

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
I’m not sure I’m for a new section. There were massive changes to the chassis/electrical from 2012-2013 and That didn’t warrant a new section. I really like the chassis tech piece of it and agree it’s eaiser to search 850 than to look in two separate fourms.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
we shouldn't need new section since it the mostess perfect
sled ever !!!!!!!!!:face-icon-small-sho

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Chances are next year there will be more goodies on the 850 to separate it more. I say start it now.

I bet the 800 goes away and all Axys' will be 850 sleds. Why would they keep both? Especially if the 850 proves to be a solid, reliable motor.

I would suggest just letting it integrate with the current Axys section. Since I don't pay though, no bully power on the admin from me. LOL

M
Dec 29, 2010
ND
I bet the 800 goes away and all Axys' will be 850 sleds. Why would they keep both? Especially if the 850 proves to be a solid, reliable motor.

I would suggest just letting it integrate with the current Axys section. Since I don't pay though, no bully power on the admin from me. LOL

exactly what is stated above minus the integrating part! why wouldn't we keep both two different animals ha! the 800 ho is probably going to go away after a year or two so make it separate... plus there is enough differences between the two allready.

Last edited:
Premium Features