• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone run the prolite jackshaft?

R
Feb 26, 2008
I have one in mine, did a bunch of lightweight rotating parts at the same time. Probably wont do any of them again

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
you wont notice anything with a light weight jackshaft as all the mass is in a small diameter. larger things like tracks/belt drives, brake disks clutch covers etc youll see more of a change its a larger diameter your trying to spin. no different than putting big/heavy tires on your truck. might be a lighter overall shaft and maybe even stronger which is good but you wont notice anything.

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
aluminum trackshaft

3 lbs is 3 lbs. Most people that add our trackshaft are adding more than just that too. Its a great way to reduce overall weight of your sled.

Is it for everyone, no, because not everyone isn't hardcore. But if you are hardcore and want make it part of your lightweight build, they are great part!

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
pics

Attachments

• aluminum trackshaft.jpg
    aluminum trackshaft.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 55
  • aluminum trackshaft on scale.jpg
    aluminum trackshaft on scale.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 60

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I thought we were talking jackshaft not track shaft. I agree a pound is a pound and it all adds up.

Oops!! your right! my bad. hahaha

We do have a Titanium shaft for the 2012-15 models that is light and strong.

And then for the 2016-17 models our shaft is 2 lbs lighter.

But if you have a 2018, they come with a lightened shaft in them.

Premium Features