• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Painting or Powder Coating

W
Apr 3, 2018
Has anyone tried Powder Coating there plastics and hood on there sled? Is there any down side to powder coat? Or is it better to get it painted?

Thanks

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Wait you do realize to powdercoat something it needs to be metal?
Because an electric charge makes the powder cling to the part, and it gets baked in an oven?

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Wait you do realize to powdercoat something it needs to be metal?
Because an electric charge makes the powder cling to the part, and it gets baked in an oven?

Not to mention that the power coating needs to be baked at temps that'll probably melt the plastics....... :face-icon-small-con :face-icon-small-con :face-icon-small-con

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I powder coated the plastics on my sled just yesterday, but it wouldn't stay on when I went fast. Paint would be more permanent.
2dadcdf83960464822338cfd80132ffa.jpg

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
I powder coated the plastics on my sled just yesterday, but it wouldn't stay on when I went fast. Paint would be more permanent.
2dadcdf83960464822338cfd80132ffa.jpg

What's all those buttons for on your bars ??? Turbo blow off and nitrous ??

Them old school controls definitely don't belong in something that says Assault ! Looks like a Half *** ult !
Maybe those designers have Plastic Jeep Mall Crawlers with Momicon on the hood !!

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
What's all those buttons for on your bars ??? Turbo blow off and nitrous ??

Them old school controls definitely don't belong in something that says Assault ! Looks like a Half *** ult !
Maybe those designers have Plastic Jeep Mall Crawlers with Momicon on the hood !!

Lol! That's my wife's trail sled, not my Assault. In fact its plastics are "powder-puff" coated with pink stickers. They come in handy when it comes time to sell on Craigslist: "Wife's sled, only trail ridden, never gone over 20mph..."

Attachments

• rush1.jpg
    rush1.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 31

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Oh a limp wristed rubber band model .. they sell the crap out of those here !!

I head west and ride in snow with big kid sleds !!

This post is in fun !!! But the fish are biting!

Premium Features