• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys stock drivers ?

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
At what boost are guys starting to have trouble with the stock drivers ratcheting? Track is not fully clipped?
I run my track tighter than Polaris recommends.
Are they good for 10lbs?
I've been running 7lbs without issues so far,but I only have a limited amount of miles on it.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
I hade to run my track as tight or tighter than Polaris recommended with the stock drivers and no boost and I hade to tighten it every couple of rides or it would start to ratchet when I landed a jump at wot or WOTed it from a stop on dense snow so when I added boost I dropped avid drivers on, still keep factory spec and have never hade a ratchet since. I even forgot to check it for a wile and when I remembered the track was sagging like a 90 year old lady with no bra and never heard a noise one!

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
It is not so much how much boost. I have not had any issues lately with slipping. The track clips stop the hyfax from wearing through the track. keeping the track tight through the new stretching process is key. Once enough damage is done you can not go back or stop it. You main grab is the center port then followed by the outside lugs. With Avid you get twice the contact, also avid makes 2 kinds for the guys that still want to run a center drive.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Would think weight would be the biggest thing.
With a center extro and introverts on each side it's definitely lighter. Can't think of a performance gain though.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
To avoid cutting the rails and installing an anti stab kit.

This is why. For the guy that just want to install a better performing driver they have the option. The other type is much better as it has the Extro/Intro on the both drivers but with the outer extros you are forced to cut your rails and install a anti stab device. Which is very easy but cost a few bucks more.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
And for guys like Jack Struthers who do not believe in the use of external drivers. Robbie at Avid started making the center driver design for Carl's when Wahl stopped (for a while)

Premium Features