• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber is stuttering at full throttle?

880summitxrs

Lifetime Membership
Aug 1, 2009
So I was at my dealership today and had them hook up Budds. And low and behold my TPS was set at -40 so I was running lean way lean. Had them set it to zero and check for any thrown codes witch came back negative. Hope this was a simple fix!

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Good call on the injector wires, out a few weeks back and a G4 gave a constant beep with check engine.. Took a look at it with candoo and it said secondary boost injectors default to ground

Buddy had taken it to dealer to find out electrical lines rubbed threw on airbox and grounded..

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Talked with a guy that got his Sibler installed, said it ran very good for two days but third day lost the reeds, he thinks from over rev..

Feels the gearing needs to be increased since running to top of primary.. Be aware

880summitxrs

Lifetime Membership
Aug 1, 2009
I have not, I live in MN so no chance for me to really see how it runs. I am however heading to Colorado this Saturday and will be riding sunday and will report.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
I’m having identical problem. Looking forward to hearing back from you. 2018 850 silber boosted 175 5psi.

Elevation? Clutch setup?

Hate to say this but I really think everyone needs to consider changing their clutching up that is having this problem. Also, look at your injector wires. I know this can cause the exact problem people are talking about too.

Just like the clutching problem last year, it seems some sleds have no problems whereas others have countless problems.

I will be totally honest - I swapped from the standard ramps/pins loaded up to ZRP weights and have had really good results. RPMs staying at 7900-8000 (max 8025). That is the only change I made from what we always send them out. Does this mean everyone needs to spend the money on these weights? No way. Plenty are having awesome results without them. I just wanted to throw out a reasonable solution for those that are having issues.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Have a feeling at that elevation hp could be a bit less and not running out of clutch causing the over rev seen at lower elevations..

Buddy said he went up two teeth and no more problems that he had before.. Had to be the problem

But like other said, make sure the sled is sound when it comes to faulty wires or something first..

Once I do the install, gearing change will be a must

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Have a feeling at that elevation hp could be a bit less and not running out of clutch causing the over rev seen at lower elevations..

Buddy said he went up two teeth and no more problems that he had before.. Had to be the problem

But like other said, make sure the sled is sound when it comes to faulty wires or something first..

Once I do the install, gearing change will be a must

Fred I think a lot of what you say is very true here.

G
Nov 21, 2010
Elevation? Clutch setup?

Hate to say this but I really think everyone needs to consider changing their clutching up that is having this problem. Also, look at your injector wires. I know this can cause the exact problem people are talking about too.

Just like the clutching problem last year, it seems some sleds have no problems whereas others have countless problems.

I will be totally honest - I swapped from the standard ramps/pins loaded up to ZRP weights and have had really good results. RPMs staying at 7900-8000 (max 8025). That is the only change I made from what we always send them out. Does this mean everyone needs to spend the money on these weights? No way. Plenty are having awesome results without them. I just wanted to throw out a reasonable solution for those that are having issues.

Hey. I ride 6000’-8000’. I checked the wires, they are fine. New plugs. Clutching is all your supplied clutching but I had to soften the primary spring to a 300 finish so I wouldnt over rev even with 3psi at elevation. It’s dialed in pretty decent I think. You have mentioned clutching to me so I have ordered some heavier weights from John Wilmer but I truly have my doubts this is over rev as max rpm is showing 8200 on the buds system.(after a week long sled trip)Plus I Shouldnt hit rev limiter after engine heat soaks on a long pull??? My sled feels great but I could never climb a chute if I had to. It would cut out half way up.

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
Not that this will fix your guys problem but I’m running the zrp weights, there the 90 gram base with fully loaded tips and 2 grams in center. 5lbs of boost unload at 3500 and ride to about 7500. Pulling 7900 rpm. I’m also running a different helix and spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
Fred what gearing are you recommending for 2017 850 165"?

Rmk- what is your clutch helix and spring setup?

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Another thing to double check is your plug indexing. One of the 850's I set up was doing the same cutting out / stuttering after about 4 or 5 seconds of WOT. We had already added a bunch more weight, 3 gram heavier base weight and another 14 grams using tungsten washers to control the rpm's. We got the rpm's under control but the cutting out still existed. We then marked the plugs and puled them to verify the indexing. they were 90* out. we gapped them down to .018 and indexed them so the gap was pointing directly at the injector and the sled ran like a champ. No more stuttering or cutting out at WOT. Riding in Revy about 7,000' - 8,000'. Rpms were settled out at 7800 - 7900 with the 5# spring. Have ordered different weights from Big John so we can run the 7# spring, haven't had a chance to get it back to the mountains to try the new weights.

Premium Features