• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sign this Petition. Idaho Boulder White Cloud Mountains in Trouble of being closed

brushfit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2008
Boise,Idaho
what a pathetic world we live in now,I run a rock crusher now in McCall Idaho and last week had a jerk named jeff from the blackhawk subdivision come and threaten to shut me down for making too much noise, he is from california by the way he said the realitors are selling peace and quiet for his neighbors summer homes I told him this is our job and how we make our living and support our familys

Ha..we were logging there this past summer in the middle of Huckleberry season….ooooo…folks were not happy

rcr1978

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Spring Creek NV
Signed and chipped in $10, here's my comment.

There is absolutely no right of any organization to take away our rights to use public land, if one group doesn't like how it's used to bad if you don't like something either suck it or go somewhere else.

FocusJR

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2010
Ogden, UT
Signed.

I commented similar to others. Added that hiking trails in many ways are more destructive to the local environment than snowmobiling is.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
For the Great Burn on the Montana/Idaho border....

This is from Stan Spencer of Backcountry Sled Patriots:

COMMENT PERIOD CLOSES NOV. 14!!!. I know there are people out there that figure someone else will comment so why bother. This is your vote to not only keep snowmobiling in the Great Burn but to also impact future Forest Planning to give the same consideration for SPECIAL MANAGEMENT AREAS (SMA) for winter motorized use in areas recommended for wilderness. There are more Forest Plans coming up for review in Montana that this outcome will impact. *Your comment is important. The wilderness advocates are still blitzing their constituency to oppose the SMA'S. Check our facebook page for comment details. Comments can be emailed to: fpr_npcl@fs.fed.us .

A couple of side notes: I was cleanning up my desk (long over due) the other day and found some information I had gathered when Sandra and I were working on a National Protection Area designation for the Great Burn. Colorado has an SMA that was created in 1993. The Fossil Ridge Recreation Management Area surrounds the Fossil Ridge Wilderness area. Google it if you are interested. This solidly establishes precedent for the proposed SMA'S in the Great Burn. It also takes away the argument that the FS is going down a slippery slope etc.. It should dispel any political interference that may (hopefully not) try over ride the proposed SMA action as untested and not suitable in an RWA. I did forward this info to the Clearwater FS.

The University of Idaho contacted me recently to get my input on the Clearwater Forest Planning Collaborative process from a motorized perspective. Somewhere along the way they have accessed *BSP publicly released statements. They were quite interested in our (BSP) position 'that to some degree we are all environmentalists'. The question essentially was "how do snowmobile and environmentalist get in the same sentence" and "what was the reaction to that position". *

I think the question highlights a common misconception (we need to learn from) that all motorized users have no respect for the environment. We all need to convey to the public, in any relevant discussions, that the back country is our world for snowmobiling. Why (or how) would we want to harm it?. Obviously our message needs to clarify between reasonable and radical *environmental positions.

They were also quite interested in any interaction I had with the wilderness advocates, in particular the Montana Wilderness Association, and if any dialogue had opened up as a result of the collaborative meetings. To reiterate: I had some meaningful discussion with three principal groups from Idaho but MWA was not open to any compromise discussion.

Stan Spencer

M
Mar 7, 2008
signed

Tell Obama you don't support closing down the Idaho Boulder-White Cloud mountains to sledders and all forms of motorized recreation. Groups are pushing for him to make this area a National Monument since they failed to have it designated wilderness. They still want it to be wilderness, but this is the fast track to keep us all out as it only requires his signature, which is bs.

Sign this petition please. It literally takes a few seconds. I also shared this with friends on Facebook; do the same if you're familiar with that garbage. Thanks all. For those who want to ride this area and need advice, let me know.

Click Here: Oppose this National Monument. Keep it open to sledders.

n8_zpse7c7f5ad.jpg

n82_zps57e9a589.jpg

Jen2_zps1af9ff49.jpg

Done. Thank you

R
Dec 28, 2007
Eagle, ID
We lose. Again.

As many of you may know, much of the Boulder Mtns and White Cloud Mtns are now wilderness. Even though the efforts of those fighting this bill did spare us some of the area for riding, we lost huge. Map and pics below of what can not be ridden ever again. Thanks to everyone who signed. :brokenheart:

55ca60ff43b3f.image.jpg

John800_zpshgk1k02w.jpg

1000FT_chute800_zpsbfh1niq1.jpg

Tom800_zpsg1unoogi.jpg

Premium Features